addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Raw Sarasota Message Board › VITA-MIX

VITA-MIX

erika
user 9582693
Sarasota, FL
Post #: 1
Hey, does anyone have a vita-mix? Or do you know anyone that has one that doesn't use it, and will sell it? Please let me know. Thank you so much!!!!
Meg
user 3701169
Sarasota, FL
Post #: 2
I have a Vita-Mix. I don't want to sell it. But I've been thinking it by fun to try to prepare some new Raw food recipes with someone else. So perhaps you could use it.
A former member
Post #: 3
I think that's a great idea! I have a friend who is getting a dehydrator soon, and she said I was welcome to stop by and use it! How awesome is that! When I get my vitamix and dehydrator I want my friends to come use them too, because I know what it's like to be short on cash but still want to love heatlhy!
A former member
Post #: 2
i have loved my vitamix for 20 years. my kids who are adults still love making the blueberry smoothies they got to make as toddlers. you can often get a rebuilt one from the company. it has outlasted every blender i've ever had. never blows the fuse or burns out. in teaching classes for The Cancer Project, I was instrumental in getting Vitamix to partner with us because their machines could make hummus for 40 people no problem.

Does anyone know anything about the Blendtec Blender that is advertised in this month's Raw Reform newsletter? I might be interested in selling one of my Vitamixes if I get that one...

Also, for some reason, this reply is giving me a user number instead of showing my profile name which is member Ellen Jones. When I tried to change the number to my ID, it wouldn't take. fyi
Vajra D.
VajraDeutsch
Venice, FL

HI I just saw your message on this board.
coolI'm in Venice/Sarasota but I left my dehydrator back in Boulder since I flew here this year. Would love to make my raw flaxseed plus crackers as I do have my juicer here and I start with my vegetable pulp (now being kept in the refrig - but only lasts a few days).
Is there anyone who has a dehydrator to lend?
The thing is, it takes about 25- 30 hours to dry these into crackers at about 108 degrees. But are they ever yummy and couldn't be healthier.smile
vajra
A former member
Post #: 8
The advantages of a Vita Mix over a Blend Tec is that you can control the speeds of what you are preparing. BlendTec, while good, has buttons to press for smoothie, soup, etc.. You could also check out Montel Williams' blender.........haven't tried. Can't wait to.

Also check Craig's list or garage sales for these treasures. My friend has found Champion juicers at garage sales for just a couple of dollars.
A former member
I have a Blend-Tec and it does have the cycle buttons for dressings, smoothies and whole juice to name a few, IN ADDITION to the user controlled speed buttons that allow you to blend in anyway you wish.

For Ericka- I don't know anyone who has a Vita-Mix to share/sell/donate but I did buy a Green Star juicer off of craigs list recently. The woman was right here in SRQ and the juicer was in fine condition and I've loved having it. So I you might want to go that route if you wanted a Vita-Mix.
A former member
for those of you have both blendtec and vitamix, which is more powerful if you know? Which is quieter?

I actually ordered the montel heavy-duty processor because it had a wider base, and I thought it might be quieter. It blew the fuse and smelled of burning on my first batch of home quantity hummus. and it didn't seem quieter, which is a concern after so many years of otherwise wonderful use of these machines. the montel folks did refund the money, minus shipping.

i would still sell one of my vitamixes if the thought is a blendtec may be quieter. but i know that it takes power (and noise) to make these appliances more efficient at processing...
A former member
Post #: 4
Hi Ellen- I can only comment on the Blend-Tec. It is a powerful machine that can handle anything I put into it, so it's loud when running. I'd say that at times it sounds as if a jet is taking off in my kitchen. Wahoo! I love feeding my body with the meals that come out of this machine!
A former member
Hi, Everyone,
Is the Vitamix the best blender for a raw fooder, or is there something better? If so, what and why? (And which model of Vitamix is best?)
I've heard that there are other brands that are as good and more economical. Anyone know about those? (If they're really as good, what these brands are, etc.)
We were researching it a long time ago, and some brand had a kind of plastic that didn't leach into the food, whereas a bunch of other brands were made of dangerous kinds of plastic that did get into the food.
Thanks!
Warmly,
Gabrielle