Real Estate 2.0 NYC Message Board › Last night's event a success!

Last night's event a success!

Maria O.
user 4109424
San Francisco, CA
Dearest members,

Thank you to all of those who came out and made last night's event a success! It was fantastic to meet all the new members and reconnect with familiar faces.

The topic of the mortgage crisis and alternative methods of financing was quite a compelling one, and we will continue to speak about it at our August meetup. This time, we will be meeting in a space where we can actually hear each other. One of our members has graciously agreed to donate her office (not announcing the member's name, just yet, until we finalize the details). We will bring our own snacks and wine / beer / cheese, and have a great time socializing and discussing issues that concern all of us in real estate investing today.

As a matter of fact, the topic of private lending as an alternative method of real estate financing is so hot right now that it showed up on WSJ today. Here is the link http://online.wsj.com...­ If you have trouble accessing it (not sure if you need to have a WSJ membership), let me know, and I will cut and paste it into an e-mail for you.

There have been quite a few new members that have joined the group over the past week, so I would like to extend our contest through the end of August. To remind you all, the contest is for the best idea to grow our membership, and the grand prize is a free drink from your faithful organizer, plus a spotlight on your profile in front of the membership. So far, I have to be honest, I have been underwhelmed with the level of response. Please e-mail me at maria_ogneva@yahoo.com by August 20. On that day, I will announce the winner.

If you did come to the meetup last night, please be so kind as to leave the feedback / rating for the group.

Yours truly,

Maria