addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Regular Angels: Micro-Funding Group Message Board › Interested in Embracing and Extending the Mission of the Regular Angels: Mic

Interested in Embracing and Extending the Mission of the Regular Angels: Micro-Funding for Entrepreneurs Group

Mike S.
ensembleventures
Group Organizer
Colorado Springs, CO
Fellow Members of Regular Angels:
My name is Mike Schmidt and I'm the CEO of Ensemble Ventures, LLC in Colorado Springs.  I have decided to take on the Organizer duties of the Regular Angels meetup group as I believe in the mission and objectives of this group, and would like to help support this group moving forward and to explore a number of new areas of capital formation alternatives for Colorado Small business.
Ensemble Ventures, LLC
Ensemble, is a 12+ year old business development services and "Venture Ventilator" located in Colorado Springs providing seed and development stage companies in Colorado as well as with clients in California and Massachusetts with a wide range of business development, technology adaptation, cap-formation, and go-to-market strategies.  I have over 25+ years of start-up experience with start-ups in multiple countries around the world and with a wide variety of  technologies, products, and services.
For information on Ensemble: http://www.ensembleventuresinc.com­
Colorado Springs Entrepreneurs Group:
I also Chair the Colorado Springs Entrepreneurs Group, which is a meetup I have been supporting over the last 5 years.  We have a membership of 440 members now, and have held over 67 meetups, workshops, and innovation "mashups".  We are also developing our own unique brand of an entrepreneurial ecosystem, called "The Entrepreneurial NEMOSystem", as well as creating an environment for the evolution of "Venture Development Clusters" in key vertical markets with "matching" Microfunds attached to each.
For information on the CSE Group: http://www.meetup.com/ColoSpgsBiz/­
Future of Regular Angels:
The reason I'm interested in helping to further develop the Regular Angels group is that I have been working with a small select group of other Regular Angels in the Denver area to explore a number of innovative seed funding strategies and concepts to see if we can create a number of new funding models for small business.  This is why I joined the Regular Angels group initially.  I would like to share some of these ideas and strategies with the group, as well as to solicit your ideas and suggestions on capital formation innovations we can pursue and support.
As I have done with my CSE Group in the Springs, I would like to "open-up" the innovation doors with Regular Angels to see if we can create a "dynamic and collaborative" group of both investors and entrepreneurs to begin to solve some of the challenges facing seed stage venture development, the support of early "envisioning" product and marketing steps, and to improve the flow and rate of seed stage investments in the innovative entrepreneurs located here in Colorado and the growing number of companies they are forming.
I would like to hold a "Restart Meetup" for Regular Angels in the next several weeks (potentially in the second week of September and a week before the Denver StartUp Week which is going to be a busy week for many of us).  Let me know what your preferences are for a day and venue, and will see if we can get a meeting scheduled.
I'm looking forward to meeting many of the Regular Angels members and to see if we can "jump-start and energize" this meetup group to become a "thought-leader" in this space of seed stage and micro-capital funding.
Regards,
Mike Schmidt, CEO
Ensemble Ventures, LLC
­
Chair, Colorado Springs Entrepreneurs Group