addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
Nick H.
user 2286361
Los Angeles, CA
"Do not ask whether or not it is possible. Ask yourself this: if it were possible, what would it take?" begins the elegant quote from Old Right voice Garet Garrett featured on the back of the newly printed business cards for our club, the LA County Republican Liberty Caucus. They were handed out along with a slew of books and flyers all designed to set brushfires in the minds of men and women attending our first major event, the holiday party at supporter Judd Weiss's house in Bel Air last Friday. Thank you for coming if you did and if you didn't then this message is especially for you so you won't miss out any more in 2012!

With so many new members it's important we keep up this momentum and there are no better partners I could ask for than Secretary Mara Schmid and Treasurer Robert Vaughn. If you recently paid dues to the Republican Liberty Caucus please send me your phone number, email address as well as your mailing address. We'll eventually have a database that suits the needs of a political powerhouse to take on the Los Angeles County Establishment. I hope you have your new calendar out. Here is how the first quarter of the new year is looking:

JANUARY

• 2nd Wednesday of the month conference call at 8pm on the 11th (we will cover rules and by-laws regarding political endorsements and more)
  • 2nd Thursday of the month meeting for Republican Party of Los Angeles County (RPLAC) at 6:30pm on the 12th at 6250 Forest Lawn Drive, 90068 (near Burbank)
  • *TENTATIVE* Sunday the 22nd, fundraiser in Hermosa Beach for the California voter initiative Regulate Marijuana Like Wine.

FEBRUARY

• 2nd Wednesday of the month conference call at 8pm on the 8th
  • 2nd Thursday of the month meeting for RPLAC at 6:30pm on the 9th at 6250 Forest Lawn Drive, 90068 (near Burbank)
  • Wednesday the 29th at 1pm we tour the downtown Federal Reserve at 950 S. Grand Ave, 90015. I must submit the names of all participants by February 13th so be sure to confirm with me and confirm for a guest or two if you can bring some! It's FREE

MARCH

• 2nd Wednesday of the month conference call at 8pm on the 14th
  • 2nd Thursday of the month meeting for RPLAC at 6:30pm on the 15th at 6250 Forest Lawn Drive, 90068 (near Burbank)
  • TBD, could be a film screening of Libertopia or Nullification, maybe some outreach or other activism

To be sure, there will be unpredictable developments in a presidential election year so further updates are forthcoming. We're off to a great start, but plenty needs to be done in terms of organization. I would like to have a vote on the next conference call to fill roles in committees relating to public/media relations, web development, local government watchdogs, etc. There is no permanent office space available for us but right now in Venice, the doors are open at 1728 Abbot Kinney Blvd for supporters of Ron Paul, Gary Johnson and several anti-prohibition of marijuana initiatives and so we are welcome to convene there for the time being. Let's keep this group open and growing! Conference calls will be for dues paying members only while events I always encourage attendance from guests. I would also like to mention that the 1st, 3rd and 5th Saturday of each month the James Madison Toastmasters will be meeting to sharpen skills of leadership and public speaking for Republicans and you can contact me for more information on that. The American people know something isn't right with the country but it's going to take devoted activists like us to shape the future for prosperity and peace in LA County. Please keep interacting on our Meetup page and Facebook page. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everybody!

For liberty,
Nick Hankoff
Chair of LA County Republican Liberty Caucus