addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Rochester Hiking Meetup Group Message Board › Impromptu Hike - Columbus Day

Impromptu Hike - Columbus Day

Kristin
Aerynrox
Rochester, NY
Post #: 22
Dear All,

Our member, Chauncy, who is very active with Victor Hiking Trails is hosting a 12-mile hike on Columbus Day (Monday Oct. 10, 2011). Here's his description:

A friend and I are hiking from High Point to the Boughton Road parking of Boughton Park next Monday, Columbus Day. This will be a morning hike starting from High Point promptly at 8:00am. We are telling anyone that would like to join us to let us know you are coming so we can figure out if we need more than one car in the Boughton Road parking lot to bring folks back to High Point. This will be an unsupported hike following the the Seneca Trail. You will need to bring your own water, snacks, etc. If anyone wants to hike for just a section of the hike, feel free to chime in and I will try to estimate where we might be at what time. I would expect that the whole hike, including a couple of snack breaks will take less than 4 hours using Jeff Hennick's VHT mapping that it is about a 12 mile hike thus we should be done by noon and choose to have lunch to celebrate.
The VHT map of the trail can be found at: http://www.victorhiki...­ Once in the site click on Seneca Trail and then zoom in and/or change to hybrid mode for more detail. I will have some printed maps of the trail to hand out.
So if you want to take the hike - let me know.

If you are interested in going along, please contact Chauncy directly by emailing him using the link on his Meetup profile or by calling him at 585-455-1932. This is very important as he will need to arrange for transportation and parking passes.