The Rochester Hiking Meetup Group Message Board › Winter gear rentals?

Winter gear rentals?

Steve
user 5183167
Rochester, NY
Post #: 15
I'd like to ask the group if anyone knows where there might be rentals of snow shoes or cross country skis at a reasonable rate. I'd like to try some of our winter adventures, but I'm not about to run out and buy snow shoes without trying some first, my cross country ski boots have disintegrated after years without using them, and I doubt the skis are any good anymore since they've spent 15 years being hooks for electrical cords in my garage!

I know there are rentals at places such as Cummings Nature Center, but only if you use them there. I'd be interested in hearing about both rentals at places like Cummings, and about rentals from places like EMS. Let us know your experiences if you've rented, and what you payed.

I'm sure there are others among us in the same position I'm in, we want to get out in the winter but we don't have the gear. Let us know what your experiences are!
Bee
beevariety
Rochester, NY
Post #: 3
Snowshoe Sales & Rentals for Monroe County and the Finger Lakes

http://www.footprintp...­

for what it's worth...found this link to a list of places to rent snow shoes includes some prices and comments on availability.

suggest calling ahead
Steve
user 5183167
Rochester, NY
Post #: 16
Thanks Bee. I'd found that link previously but I discounted it as it's not real current. It's still got EMS listed as being in Irondequoit Mall, and Snow Country in Pittsford Plaza is long since closed! I wonder how accurate any of the prices can be. I was hoping we could come up with a more current listing, along with our member's impressions of the quality of the rentals and service at any possible source. Thanks again though!