addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Republican Liberty Caucus of Central East Florida Message Board › A Little Off-Topic, But Wanted to Share

A Little Off-Topic, But Wanted to Share

A former member
Post #: 6
Madame Secretary,

I have recently become privy to the recent DHS report on domestic threats which makes reference to present and returning veterans of the military. This "assessment" indicates that your department expresses concerns that those of us who have had the honor of serving our nation may be susceptible to recruitment by so-called right-wing extremist groups.

While I do not feel overly compelled to share my personal history with you, let me just place into the record a few verifiable facts:

I have served two masters during my adult life. I served my country faithfully in the United States Air Force for a number of years. My assignments included bases within the United States and overseas; those being unaccompanied tours which took me away from my family for over a year. I am a Gulf War veteran. I am the recipient of many military awards including being named the airmen and non-commissioned officer for my base and the major command. I was honorably discharged and transferred to the United State Air Force Reserve. Immediately following my reassignment to the the reserve corps, I joined a major Sheriff's Office in the State of Florida where I have served my own community for the past 16 years. Similarly, I have accumulated a large number of civilian law enforcement awards, commendations, and endorsements. I am a Law Enforcement Medal of Valor Recipient.

I have been married to my wife for 14 years, adopted and raised three sons and now take great pride in our thirteen-year-old daughter.

Secretary Napolitano, I do not agree with your policies or that of President Obama. I did not vote for your administration and frankly, I am unimpressed by this administration and your handling of the Department of Homeland Security. I am however a staunch believer and defender of the United State of America, its principles, and the tenets of the U.S. Constitution. Madame Secretary, I do not classify myself as a radical or a threat to the people of my country. So in short...how dare you!

I have throughout my life surrounded myself with a circle of friends who have given much more to this country than both you and President Obama can hope to achieve in the next four years. My "right-wing radical" friends consist of current and former military officers, decorated veterans, Purple-Heart recipients, and people who have devoted lifetimes to defending their country and their respective communities.

Your feigned, damage-control style apology rings hollow to me. Throughout today you have made the rounds on the major media outlets (most working in your favor anyway) to offer your less than heartfelt mea culpa. Again, your apology rings hollow with me. I truly wish I could believe that you and this administration has any deference for the millions of men and women who have given so much of themselves for their fellow countrymen. I do not believe you hold any place in your heart or soul for these magnificent patriots. Instead, you insult us with this ill-thought, ill-researched report.

At the risk of sounding cliché', let me share with a truly great line from a terrific movie; we use words like Honor, Duty, and Code to describe a lifetime of defending something. You use it as a punchline.

I eagerly await the report from the DHS that enumerates the external threats to our country (if you even perceive any). Yes I am speaking of the thousand of Islamic "terrorists," Al Qaeda, Hezbollah, Islamic Jihad, etc - ringing any bells? We can only hope that when the next "man-caused" disaster strikes at the heart of our country, you and this administration have half the courage and intestinal fortitude that the men and women I know have demonstrated, unconditionally, throughout their lives. I hope, but I doubt it.

I will keep my guns, I will keep my religion, and I will keep my faith with this country. I do not demand your resignation. I DO think that those of us in this category should expect some modicum of respect.

In the meantime, I will keep my head out of the sand and ever watchful for the threats and individuals who seek to do harm to my fellow citizens. I do not agree with many of them, but I will sacrifice my life to defend them.

You keep your apology and you keep your change. I will keep my truth faith and allegiance. Deal?

A husband, A father, A veretan, A public servant...A Citizen of the United State of America.

Ray
raycpa
Satellite Beach, FL
Post #: 10
Very powerful, and far more respectful than Czarina Napolitano's actions deserve. I truly hope that you sent this letter to her.