Austin RPG Meetup Message Board › Anyone interested in playing Dungeon World?

Anyone interested in playing Dungeon World?

Karlen K.
user 12366925
Austin, TX
Post #: 46
I just got my Kickstarter book for Dungeon World and ate right through the book. I'm excited to DM it and maybe play it if people are willing to learn a new system that is reminiscent of the old AD&D days and is light enough that you could probably learn all about it in one sitting. My availability is Friday, Saturday, Sunday in the afternoon or night but if you PM me or drop a line here maybe we can get something organized! I'm also hoping to play at "Whose Turn Is It? Games" if nobody has house space they can offer up.
joseph f.
user 3985523
Austin, TX
Post #: 2
While I am not familiar with the system, I am more then willing to learn. I am available all day Friday and up to 830pm on Saturday and Sunday.
Karlen K.
user 12366925
Austin, TX
Post #: 48
Cool cool. That's one person! Woooo!
Matthew B.
user 12937356
Georgetown, TX
Post #: 85
What is Dungeon World? Is the the simplistic looking fantasy game?
Karlen K.
user 12366925
Austin, TX
Post #: 50
It's fairly simplistic. Dungeon World is a hack of Apocalypse World that feels like the way D&D used to be where describing what your character does leads to making rolls instead the opposite. There are no turns and no initiative and the game plays out much like a conversation between the players and the DM. The character sheets are simple to figure out and much of the abilities the classes can do are very open to interpretation by the players. It's light enough that it's easy to pick up and play but it's not so light enough that it misses the meat and bones of what players and DMs enjoy in most roleplaying games.

Check it out: http://www.dungeon-wo...­
Chuck Y.
user 12564019
Kyle, TX
Post #: 4
Resurrecting this.

I'm interested in several indie-ish systems, but this is one I want to concentrate on.

Let's get our game on. I'd like to play some, but I'd also like to run it when I've got the chops.

cy (chuck)