addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Austin RPG Meetup Message Board › LFG in north austin...

LFG in north austin...

Takana77
user 125447802
Austin, TX
Post #: 2
Greeting all,

Hope everyone is enjoying the holidays.

Sooo short and skinny would be that I'm looking to get back into gaming after several years of not. Would prefer something on northside of Austin hopefully and something that maybe meets up on Friday evenings or over the weekend. Work fair amount of OT at the office so that limits my free time to that.

I'm in my mid 30's and work in architecture. my baptism by fire was with AD&D back about a year before 3e came out. played thru 3.5 up to when 4e released. Also played SWd20 (wotc) and some Champions/Hero stuff here and there. As far as D&D goes, I've played and dm'ed forgotten realms, greyhawk a little bit, and of course homebrew.

Open to trying new systems if the rule books are readily available (something I can pickup at the store and not have to order and wait around for hehe). Haven't played pathfinder at all but I know it's quite large in player base.

About 90% of the time I wound up making a character to fill out the groups needs/compliments (mostly healer types of course). the other 10% I had my heart set on some character concept that's been kicking around back of my mind for ages and just waiting for a good chance to play it.

Some gaming aspects that I tend to gravitate towards:
- good character concept and development
- role > roll. don't get me wrong, when the poo hits the fan (i.e someone hit a trip wire alarm) I want to roll dice and a lot of them and hope the dice gods are kind to me. but, I also like intrigue and story and puzzles and plots and sub plots and sub sub plots and hidden plots and hidden sub plots and all that good stuff (yes I left off hidden sub sub plots because those tend to invariably get your character killed - evil gm's)
- good or neutral aligned parties/groups for the most part (both player and character - those chaotic and evil folks in real life tend to be troublesome)
- mature environment (ie 20'ish+ y.o.) please unless it's like your kid who you're introducing to the game or younger sibling that you can keep in line so to say hehe. Grouped with a few younger kids and they were fickle for the most part (not dependable/reliable for showing up to sessions). Younger folks also tend to want the table session to morph into instant gratification and turn into a computer game of sorts and that's not what I want from this. Love computer games and got lots of them but this is not one!

Well, that's probably enough rambling on my part.

Cheers,

Scott
Powered by mvnForum

Our Sponsors

People in this
Meetup are also in:

Sign up

Meetup members, Log in

By clicking "Sign up" or "Sign up using Facebook", you confirm that you accept our Terms of Service & Privacy Policy