Greater Philadelphia Region Ron Paul Meetup Pages
We are not affiliated with the Ron Paul 2008 official campaign.
This is a grassroots group.
Joining this group does not require you to be affiliated or associated with any other group or coalition. Ron Pauls Grass Roots Guidelines
Those engaging in grass roots activities for the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign Committee should understand and agree to the following:
Contribution Rules for Grass Roots Activists:
- Grass roots activists volunteer their time and efforts.
- Grass roots activists are not authorized agents of the campaign, should not represent to others that they are, and should not otherwise engage in activities as though they act on behalf of the official campaign.
- Federal law regulates the amounts and means by which funds may be legally contributed to a federal election campaign. As such, contributions to the Ron Paul Campaign may be made directly to the official campaign committee through the secure Official Donation Webpage. Grass roots activists may not raise money on the campaigns behalf in any way that violates federal campaign contribution limits or prohibitions. Before organizing an event, grass roots activists should become familiar with these guidelines and the limits and prohibitions, some of which are detailed below. Additional information can be found at www.fec.gov.
- Grass roots activists have found that house parties are an enjoyable and popular means of raising money for Dr. Pauls presidential campaign. The raising of funds at house parties, however, is also subject to federal regulation, some of which are outlined below. Additional information can be found at http://www.fec.gov/pages/brochures/volact.shtml .
- Grass roots activities may also significantly assist the campaign by directing newfound supporters to the official campaign website. Through this website, newfound supporters can register as volunteers, make donations directly to Dr. Pauls campaign, and e-mail other potential supporters about Ron Paul 2008.
- Contributions made using a credit card must utilize a personal credit or debit card for which the contributor has the legal obligation to pay. Contributions may not be made using a corporate or business entity card or on the card of another.
- Ron Paul 2008 may only accept contributions from U.S. citizens or lawfully-admitted permanent residents. Ron Paul 2008 may only accept contributions from the contributors own personal funds and not using funds provided by any other person or from any corporation, labor union or national bank.
- Ron Paul 2008 may not accept contributions from a federal government contractor (i.e. the personal or business funds of an individual or sole proprietor who is a federal contractor). Personal contributions, however, are allowed from employees, partners, shareholders and officers of businesses with government contracts.
Contributions made by minors to Ron Paul 2008 may only be made voluntarily; that is, those consisting of funds not controlled by another individual or made from a gift given for the purpose of making such a contribution.
Continue reading about guidelines for Grass Roots Member Hosted Events...