addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Ron Paul for President 2012 San Diego County Message Board › This is exactly why this should ever be brought up..

This is exactly why this should ever be brought up..

A former member
Post #: 1
This is exactly why none of us should ever, under any circumstances, bring up anything that is related to or has any connection to conspiracy theories or facts. Check out this MSM article:

Super PAC supporting Ron Paul is operated by a 9/11 'truther'
A former member
Post #: 7
Yes I agree. Sadly, it would be political suicide to bring up any of these controversial issues. But I wish people were more independent thinkers and realize that just b/c the super PAC guy believes something unconventional doesn't mean Ron Paul does and that shouldn't influence your thoughts until you do your own research. 1st amendment!
Leigh S.
eleighs
San Diego, CA
Post #: 449
Who is the guy who is supposed to be a truther? And what ultimate authority says he is? Has he publicly spoken out as such?

David Dukes, grand wizard of the KKK ran for Congress on the Republican ticket years back. Does that make every Republican politician a bigot? Of course not. Senator Robert Byrd, a Democrat, was once a founding member a KKK chapter. Does this make every Democrat a bigot? Of course not.

I agree that this isn't a friendly subject, but Ron Paul needs contributions, and no one should be afraid to contribute to an authentic group that is working to elect him.

john_08152002
john_08152002
San Diego, CA
Post #: 428
The most effective form of thought suppression is self-suppression --- the ultimate goal of all propagandists as described in Orwells' "1984".

Independent thinkers follow the evidence and counter-evidence rather than defaulting to self-suppression.

For example the 9/11 incident is full of oddities. The Saudis' supplied the money and the majority of terrorists who flew the airplanes. Yet we invaded and bombed Iraq and Afghanistan. The evidence shows that the two towers were destroyed by the combined impact and fires from the colliding airplanes. Yet building 7 was never hit by an airplane and it to was demolished.

I know there are those who will disagree on the effectiveness of the aircraft to destroy the towers on their own, that is not my opinion after study of the evidence. However on Bldg. 7 there is not and never has been an adequate answer. Likewise our friendly treatment of the Saudis and our military treatment of Iraq and Afghanistan.

Like most things of extreme controversy the truth lies not at either end but somewhere in the middle.
Mario L.
user 24199922
San Diego, CA
Post #: 6
Good point John.

Its very obvious that many people who doubt the "Official" story of 9/11 also are people who support and like Ron Paul. Probably because Ron nutures the suspicion of government that lies in the heart of many of these folks. I like that Ron Paul, himself, has not come out and made it a point to distance himself from folks who hold this opinon about 9/11 being an "inside job" even if Ron himself does not hold the same opinon as these people. Mostly because that would contradict his message of freedom.

That being said I dont think that its wrong for Ron's supporters to bring up this conspiracy, and others like it, because the Main Stream media will use it to smear his campaign. The fact is they are going to smear him no matter what, and this is something that could actually backfire on them. In my opinon the reason to not bring this up, first and formost, is because its not a concern that a majority of people have in common. There are so many other issues that Ron speaks on that we can build coalitions on, that are much easier to digest.
A former member
Post #: 8
I agree with everyone's thoughts. Ron Paul can't attack everything, he has to pick his battles and take the "easily digested" issues. But hey, anyone that studies 9/11 for a day and has an open mind knows that there are questions and I'm pretty sure Paul knows 10 times more than what he tells us because he can't cover everything, his IQ is pretty high.

Anyway, MSM is just continuing the propaganda of 911 while smearing his campaign, that's how they roll, but mainstream is slowly becoming the minority media in this country and minds are being unlocked all across the country and are doing their own research and using alternative media streams to do so. You know this is happening based on how well Ron Paul is doing right now and will continue to do because once you start to understand the truth of how the world works, you know that folks like Ron Paul need to be in the spot light injecting real ideas. We aren't obsessed with Ron Paul, he's not trendy, it's the ideas we're obsessed with. However, I give him some serious credit for standing up and being courageous at 76.
The 2nd American (hopefully intellectual and nonviolent) Revolution is underway.
john_08152002
john_08152002
San Diego, CA
Post #: 433
Never give-up independent thinking, don't let the MSM or other mouthpieces dictate what you can think or conclude as long as you always follow the evidence and counter-evidence in a logical manner. History is an excellent teacher of that evidence and human nature. Our Founders were very aware of the political and governmental failures of past 2,500 years. Our Constitution is the product of that combined wisdom which is why it has withstood the test of time for well over 200 years.

If you come to an unpopular conclusion then discuss it coolly and rationally at opportune moments. You may encounter ridicule or even dislike but those are small consequences compared to the sacrifices previous generations have made for our Freedom.

Our Founders took very unpopular and very dangerous political positions, yet they were successful beyond their wildest imaginations. Look to them as a model and the Constitution as their implementation. We have 234 years of success on our side, the Totalitarians and Authoritarians on the other side have hundreds of years of failure to explain -- which they never have and never will because it can't be done.

Look across the face of the globe, with the exception of the US, Britain and its' Commonwealth, Switzerland and Monico, the European continent is composed of Governments of less than one lifetime of existence. Look at Asia, Africa and South America the result is the same, only more so.
A former member
Post #: 12
We need activist volunteers on our other meetup site. www.meetup.com/sandiegoronpaul

We are trying to get people who are interested in going around for Ron Paul