Ron Paul for President 2012 San Diego County Message Board › Ron Paul - Vancouver Washington - Supporters overflowing - 2/16/2012

Ron Paul - Vancouver Washington - Supporters overflowing - 2/16/2012

Edward S.
user 38765912
San Diego, CA
Post #: 1
I have been following Ron Paul and the campaign for a while now and after seeing all the misinformation, media bias, election fraud, etc. I feel compelled to be a cause for change and the truth and get involved on the grassroots local level. So yesterday I searched out, found and joined this site and will do all I possibly can to protect what I think made this country great, the Constitution and personal freedom. America seems to have lost its way and we the people have been too apathetic and no longer realize how democracy is supposed to work, and what our fore fathers believed in.

I believe that it is my and every other Americans civic duty, when they realize their government is no longer representing them, to elect representatives who "Champion the Constitution" and have the integrity to restore its values. As many here all ready know the media has convinced people that Ron Paul "does not have a chance of winning the Republican nomination" and "only a small minority of the population support him". This is what the media reports. In my experience I have found a lot of people support Dr. Paul but the media has convinced them the above statements are true when that is not the reality.

I came across this video taken today 2/16/2012 of Ron Paul in Vancouver Washington just north of Portland Oregon and for all of those here I am posting to inspire hope and promote support. I hope you enjoy and pass along-

[url=http://youtu.be/c2Xp-sYMbLE]

I end this post with a couple of quote's that I have always thought profound and seems all the more relevant now.

"We dare not forget today that we are the heirs of that first revolution. Let the word go forth from this time and place, to friend and foe alike, that the torch has been passed to a new generation of Americans--born in this century, tempered by war, disciplined by a hard and bitter peace, proud of our ancient heritage--and unwilling to witness or permit the slow undoing of those human rights to which this Nation has always been committed, and to which we are committed today at home and around the world."

"we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty."

"Since this country was founded, each generation of Americans has been summoned to give testimony to its national loyalty. The graves of young Americans who answered the call to service surround the globe.

Now the trumpet summons us again--not as a call to bear arms, though arms we need; not as a call to battle, though embattled we are--but a call to bear the burden of a long twilight struggle, year in and year out, "rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation"--a struggle against the common enemies of man: tyranny, poverty, disease, and war itself."

"In the long history of the world, only a few generations have been granted the role of defending freedom in its hour of maximum danger. I do not shank from this responsibility--I welcome it. I do not believe that any of us would exchange places with any other people or any other generation. The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will light our country and all who serve it--and the glow from that fire can truly light the world."

"It is the unprecedented nature of this challenge that also gives rise to your second obligation — an obligation which I share. And that is our obligation to inform and alert the American people — to make certain that they possess all the facts that they need, and understand them as well — the perils, the prospects, the purposes of our program and the choices that we face.”

"And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country." -John F Kennedy

Monica G.
StarSpangledGirl
San Diego, CA
Post #: 739
Thanks for the inspiration Edward!! :)
A former member
Post #: 11
We need activist volunteers on our other meetup site. www.meetup.com/sandiegoronpaul

We are trying to get people who are interested in going around for Ron Paul