Ron Paul for President 2012 San Diego County Message Board › Please STOP sending petitions for Dr Paul to run 3rd party.

Please STOP sending petitions for Dr Paul to run 3rd party. The Primaries are NOT over

A former member
Post #: 31
so your outside the box thinking got Ron Paul 9 percent? way to go. time to panic now.? Ron Paul wont fight it out in tampa bay. so i doubt he will have the courage to run as a third party. i will not vote for Romney or Obama. i will vote for Gary Johnson and the libertarian party. the same party Ron Paul is a lifetime member of.
Ron needs to come back home.

Robert Youngblood
Leigh S.
eleighs
San Diego, CA
Post #: 538
Did you vote for him, Robert? Johnson is no Ron Paul. He may be someday, but right now he's a pale copy.
A former member
Post #: 35
I voted for Ron Paul. i will vote for Gary Johnson in november since Ron Paul wont fight for a brokered Convention. Romney is a terrible choice. and Obama is a joke. my question to you will you vote for a liberty
Candidate like Gary Johnson? or Romney or Obama.
Leigh S.
eleighs
San Diego, CA
Post #: 541
I believe Dr. Paul will fight, along with his supporters that will be delegates in majority numbers.

I haven't made up my mind if I will vote for Gary Johnson.

No, I will not vote for Obama or Romney.

By the way, I received an email from the Ron Paul 2012 campaign asking for suggestions and comments. I suggested a third party run in the remote event that he doesn't get the nomination. It would hurt the Dems much more than any minor damage to the GOP because it would take about 20% of Dem votes and many Independent votes away from Obama. McCain wouldn't have won in 2008 even if all the third party voters had voted for him. He lost because many Independents voted for Obama.
A former member
Post #: 38
im sorry thats not the case read this from Ron Paul. he says its over he does not have the votes. read it please.

Dear robert,

I wanted you to get an update from me personally, since we have some great news!

Due to the smart planning of our campaign and the hard work and diligence of supporters like you, we stand to send nearly 200 bound delegates to the Republican National Convention in Tampa. This number shatters the predictions of the pundits and talking heads and shows the seriousness of our movement.

What's more, we will send several hundred additional supporters to Tampa who, while bound to Romney, believe in our ideas of liberty, constitutional government, and a common-sense foreign policy.

When it is all said and done, we will likely have as many as 500 supporters as delegates on the Convention floor. That is just over 20 percent!

And while this total is not enough to win the nomination, it puts us in a tremendous position to grow our movement and shape the future of the GOP!

I hope every one of you continues the fight we have advanced so well this year. I hope you will finish your local and state conventions, and, if you were selected as a national delegate, that you will head to Tampa in August to force the Republican Party to listen to the voice of liberty.

We have never had this kind of opportunity. There will be hundreds of your fellow supporters in Tampa who will be ready and willing to push the Republican Party back to its limited government, liberty roots.

There are many issues to fight for in Tampa. Also, candidates like Justin Amash, Kurt Bills, and Thomas Massie need your support as we move into the fall. Across the country, supporters of liberty have won local office and leadership positions in the GOP, and we need to keep working.

Our delegates’ presence must be felt both in Tampa and in years to come.

Stand up for what we believe in. Be respectful. And let the establishment know that we are the future of the Party and of the country.

Our Revolution is just getting started. You'll be hearing plenty from me as we approach Tampa and the fall elections. You'll also be hearing of important developments on Audit the Fed and Campaign for Liberty.

I hope you'll continue to stand with me as we go forward. Our Revolution could not have come this far without you.

For Liberty,

Ron Paul
Leigh S.
eleighs
San Diego, CA
Post #: 544
He's wrong, see my reply to you at "It's over, Ron Paul says its over" message thread.
Monica G.
StarSpangledGirl
San Diego, CA
Post #: 761
The fight for the Republican nomination is over.

Very clear from a few articles on Dr Paul's website and more important...from the endorsement that Rand made yesterday on Hannity.

My take? The Paul's were threatened. Rumors about a discussion that took place at the Bilderberg get together was that they want Ron dead if he keeps moving forward.

If they threatened me, I am not sure I would give up so easily...but if they threatened one of my family members, I would fold in a millisecond.

Robert...your attitude and pessimism stink. You anger and bitterness are worse.

I completely agree with RonPaulRed's comment below. I still can't believe Rand betrayed his father that way. As mentioned, the only acceptable explanation to me is that they were threatened. Which is a VERY realistic explanation.

But what I have learned from this freedom movement will never be lost and for that...I will forever be grateful to Dr Paul for. And do not regret one single minute that I have supported him and his message or a dime that I have given. Because his message lives on! THAT IS DR PAUL'S MAIN LESSON!

"I understand that many are disheartened. I, for one (and I may be alone but who cares) am energized by what Dr. Paul has inspired in me as well as countless others. I used to be the angry, do-nothing-but-complain. Today, I now choose to see the beauty in becoming aware and continuing to fight for liberty...not because of this one man that started it...because it is the right, and most empowering, thing to do for WE THE PEOPLE." via RonpaulRed White-ner Blue-b Mae