TechCrunch Disrupt Startup Presentations!
Welcome to our first meetup in a while!
Do you want to know what it takes to be the best at TechCrunch Disrupt?
We have invited the best startups from TechCrunch Disrupt to present at our next meetup!
Thanks to Ban.jo for sponsoring the event! They sponsored one of our events last year and they are growing faster than ever! Check out their job postings! Ban.jo
The following startups will provide demos and technical discussions on their sites:
1. Sathish Raju, Co-Founder of Gainify & winner of the TechCrunch Disrupt Hackathon! Gainify is an app for e-commerce store owners who need to introduce group buying promotions, helping create, monitor and analyze promotions. Once the deal is setup in Gainify dashboard, Gainify will automatically update the product price and by means of a storewide plugin, promote the active deals to store visitors.
2. Michael Abehsera, Founder of Thirsty.com Thirsty.com is an AirBnb for humans where you can rent locals for a day, they are launching many cool features that will revolutionize local hiring in a way that will even make full time people want to join the freelance movement.
3. Matthew Gregory, Wunderground.com - Weather Underground is the world's first weather website and was founded in 1995. They provide custom weather content for Google, the
Associated Press, American Express, CBS, and many many more. They
just released a new API that allows anyone to get weather for their applications as well. Go to www.wunderground.com/weather/api to get a key and to start developing.
4. Timothee Boucher, founder of FlickMunk.com and winner of the TechCrunch Disrupt Hackathon. FlickMunk shows you your local movie showtimes in the simplest way, by aggregating the information from your local theaters and making some smart decisions for you.
More startups to be announced!
RSVP as soon as possible - drinks and food will be served.
6:00pm - 6:45pm- Networking, refreshments.
6:45pm - 7:00pm - Announcements - Ban.jo
7:00 - 7:20 - Thirsty.com Presentation
7:20 - 7:40 - Gainify.com Presentation
7:40 - 8:00 - Wunderground.com Presentation
8:00 - 8:20 - FlickMunk.com Presentation
More about Ban.jo:
Banjo is a social discovery service that harnesses social updates happening across multiple networks and delivers them into one integrated view, right on your mobile phone. With Banjo, you can:
- Discover people and view social updates, without having to Check In or even belong to a social network
- Find connections no matter where you are – with Banjo you’re never alone
- Save your favorite places in Banjo so you can quickly see what’s happening in real time – whether it’s around the corner or around the world
- Add your social networks and stay connected with your friends both near and far
- Tweet or Check In right from Banjo
Social networking and organizing the “Social Verse” has never been easier with Banjo. No matter where you are, where you want to be, or what social networks you use, Banjo connects you to the people and places that matter most. Welcome to Banjo – What will you discover?
See you then!
For the love of Ruby,
Jeanine Swatton [masked]
Ban.jo is conveniently located close to CalTrain - Sequoia Train Station.