align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

The SoCal African American Cinema Connection Message Board Current & Upcoming Films › Help a brother finish his documentary on slavery

Help a brother finish his documentary on slavery

A former member
Post #: 11
Greetings:

I've started pre-production on a new documentary called "Voices of Slavery: Former Slaves Tell Their Stories."  It's the FIRST and ONLY documentary to use recorded interviews with the men and women who were captured or born into slavery, and suppressed by white society until their liberation at the end of the Civil War.  It's one thing to read history and read the accounts of these men and women, but it's a whole other experience to hear people talk about being slaves in their own words and voice.

I need your help.

The funding for the film is being done through a fund-raising site called Indiegogo.  You can visit my project page here, see the trailer, and read all about the project.  You can show your support with as little as $1, but there are some great gifts you'll receive for various levels of support.

Could you visit the project page today and help me make my goal?

I am truly grateful for any support.

Thank you,

Ken Joy

Facebook: Facebook.com/silvercastfilm­s

Twitter: @VoicesOfSlavery

LinkedIn: kenjoy

IMDB: Ken Joy

P.S. This is my second documentary. My first documentary "DISASTER BY THE BAY: The Great San Francisco Earthquake and Fire of 1906" is now available on Amazon.com.  You'll receive a copy of this DVD & the Voices of Slavery DVD for a $25 donation (normally $50 for both DVDs).

P.P.S.S.  When you visit the project page, can you also "like" us on Facebook and share it via Twitter?  Thanks!