addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

SACRAMENTO VEGAN SOCIETY Message Board › Voyage To Betterment a Poor Choice

Voyage To Betterment a Poor Choice

This message board is read-only.

Linda M.
Lassen
Group Organizer
Sacramento, CA
I apologize my friends. I mistakenly thought that this movie would promote a healthy, vegan and compassionate eating guide because two of my favorite doctors, Dr. Neal Barnard and Dr. T Colin Campbell were in the movie! They would never condone eating animals which was suggested in this movie! Dr. Barnard would tell us that eating any animal foods will cause an opiate like response and this makes it almost impossible to stop eating animal foods. Dr. Campbell would tell us that eating even small amounts of animal foods, especially dairy (casein in dairy promotes IGF-1 Growth Hormone and this like putting gasoline on cancer cells. This movie was depressing since only one participant partially became well. One part in the movie said to be "kind to all beings" and then said it was ok to eat "so called happy" meat and to slaughter them once a week!! The movie said to eat like primates do....well, some primates eat their young, some eat insects, and some eat only plants! The obese psychic lady in there was a unscientific example of scam artistry! I so apologize for not viewing this film ahead. They talked a lot about mind/body/spirit and never once addressed the issue that eating animals and treating them as commodities requires us to deny them their freedom free of human inflicted pain and suffering. Eating animals causes humans to ingest all the violence of our food and this is neither good karma or peaceful. Please forgive me.
Jessica
user 2794753
Carmichael, CA
Post #: 167
Oy! I can see how you would assume it promotes veganism with Neal Barnard and T. Colin Campbell in it!

I just came back from a lovely couple of days at Harbin Hot Springs. It's a great place where people treat people very well, they have a vegetarian only community kitchen. . .but they serve chickens and fishes for dinner in the restaurant. I left a comment: "I wish you would serve only vegan meals to reflect the peace that prevails here." Blows me away.