addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Salt Lake City Spanish Message Board › Breaking up is hard to do!

Breaking up is hard to do!

Keith K.
fotopala
Prescott, AZ
Our little Spanish conversation group at Mestizo, which for months was a few friends helping each other speak Spanish, has mushroomed in number over the last several weeks. Last night there were over 20 participants.

Not only has the size of the group become a little unwieldy, but over time several people who are just starting to learn Spanish have expressed the desire to have a study group where English is not anathema.

These are POSITIVE growing pains!

I’ve said this over and over again in past emails, but for the sake of the newcomers let me say: I will happily support anyone that wants to spawn off and start a new group. I’ll help you find a location and decide on a day/time, I will post the meeting on our meetup site calendar (http://www.meetup.com...­, I will mention your group(s) in my weekly email/blog, I’ll help you find content to use in the group … anything I can do help you, I will.

One idea is simply to divide up on Tuesday nights at Mestizo. One group could be for beginning Spanish students, sort of a study group where both English and Spanish is used. A second group could remain “Sólo en Español” (i.e. only Spanish, and English is anathema) for intermediate/advanced/native Spanish speakers.

Personally, I would like to selfishly remain in the Sólo en Español group behind closed doors in the art room at Mestizo, it’s a nice little cocoon of Spanish that shields us from all the godless English speakers in the world (just kidding about the godless part). However, there is plenty of room in Mestizo at tables out front where a second group, a beginning Spanish group, could meet and learn together.

Is there anyone reading this message that would be willing to be the organizer of a beginning Spanish group on Tuesday nights at 6:30 PM at Mestizo?

Keith
801-558-3665
weluvutah [at] yahoo.com
A former member
Post #: 1
Just wondering if a beginners group got organized.

Thanks,

Bryan
Keith K.
fotopala
Prescott, AZ
Post #: 21
No, sorry ... not yet. Would you be interested in leading a Beginner group? I would be happy to post the meetings on the calendar and send emails out to the whole group encouraging others to participate. You would only need to identify a location and come up with a weekly (monthly?) plan. Let me know.