I have done everything I know to do
in order to accelerate my progress toward fluency in Spanish.
- I have spent countless hours researching the best available language learning programs, and I have purchased and completed (or am in the process of completing) all of the best available.
- Likewise with web sites, I have tracked down or been referred to literally hundreds of web sites, tested out many of them, and compiled lists of the ones I found most helpful.
- I spent two months in Spanish immersion school, I have hired private tutors, and I have taken other courses.
- I have contacted many second language learning experts, people with Ph.D. degrees in language acquisition, asking them for tips on how to accelerate my progress. (Note: they tell me that there are no magic pills, that the only way to learn a second language is through "time on task," meaning the more time you spend the more fluent you will be).
- Our Spanish conversation group has been meeting weekly for 18 months on Tuesdays at Mestizo Coffeehouse (tonight at 6:30 PM!!!), and I have also participated in many intercambio sessions (exchanging English for Spanish) with native Spanish speakers.
- I have programs on my iPod, my iPhone, on cassette, in my CD player, and I am listening to them and practicing Spanish virtually everywhere I go (while remembering to be courteous to others).
All of these strategies are helpful, but it seems to me that MIND POWER
is the one resource that I have not yet fully tapped, the one resource that truly is infinite in power.
What I would like to explore next, while continuing all my other activities, is to learn how to meditate, pray, and visualize toward becoming fully fluent in Spanish.
Please reply to this message with any techniques, programs, methods, etc., that you would like to share, and I will compile all the responses (anonymously, if you prefer) in order to pass them on to our Spanish language learning community. You might just have the key to helping many of us!