We're planning to go snowboarding at Mt. Baldy on Saturday, Feb 23rd. We'll most likely meet at my house in Encinitas and maybe carpool together.
I don't wanna leave anyone behind on the slopes or have someone get lost from the group (there's no cellphone signals up in the mountain) so I think a small group of people would be ideal. We just wanna make sure we have a small enough group that we can keep track of everyone going down the mountain, especially if we all have different levels of skill.
We don't wanna leave anyone behind! ;)
Here are the prices for the lift tickets:
For 1 adult all day (8am to 4:30pm) adult: $69
For 1 adult half day (12pm to 4:30pm) adult: $49
Parking is $5 all day.
Snowboard rentals is $30 all day and $25 for half day. They also had $5 gloves for sale last year.
Traveling from north county San Diego to the mountain would be about 2 hours long.
Any other expense would be food and water.
1. Merge onto I-5 N toward Los Angeles 51.8 mi
2. Slight left to stay on I-5 N (signs for Santa Ana) 13.3 mi
3. Take exit 107A to merge onto CA-57 N toward Pomona 18.0 mi
4. Slight right to stay on CA-57 N 7.3 mi
5. Take exit 25B to merge onto CA-210 E/Foothill Fwy toward San Bernardino 7.3 mi
6. Take exit 52 toward Base Line Rd 0.4 mi
7. Turn left onto E Baseline Rd 0.2 mi
8. Turn right onto Padua Ave 1.8 mi
9. Slight right onto Mt Baldy Rd 7.0 mi
10. Turn right onto Central Ave 0.3 mi
You can check the weather on:
Try to buy your lift tickets online then reserve your spot for the day.
Dress warm (make sure it's water proof for snow!), bring sunblock, bring snowboard gear if you have it.
As of now, we're planning to leave at 7am to get there by around 9am. Time might change depending what everyone else thinks.
Woohoo snowboarding!!! :)