addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The San Diego Alternative Energy Meetup Group Message Board Nuclear & Advanced Science › What a little common sense math and the DOE numbers really mean...

What a little common sense math and the DOE numbers really mean...

A former member
Post #: 250
Using the “Official Energy Statistics from the U.S. Government” on their “Department Of Energy” website and extrapolating all of our energy, everything, will be met by solar and wind by the year 2029.
http://www.eia.doe.go...­

That's 20 years from now. In 20 years we will not need the coal fired plants. The nuclear plants. The natural gas. The bio fuels. That 20 years assumes nothing special is done by our government to promote wind and solar. That number does not even take in to account the current energy efficiencies and green movements the current high gas prices are moving us towards. In fact these numbers published by our Government are super conservative and probably altered by Cheney's office to try to squelch anything but oil and nuclear power.

Do these numbers pass the common sense test? Yes. However what do they mean to you? You can see where the country is going. It's like the turn of the last century. People saw horseless carriages but I bet most of them did not fully recognize how fast it would be happening with or without government intervention...

If you like I'll post the spreadsheet. Or if we had a website I'd work up a little form allowing you to put in your own less conservative, albeit more accurate, numbers...

I didn't check to see how many years it would take to saturate our electric grid with solar and wind energy but it's obviously less than 20 years. Maybe we can hit Gore's number without doing anything?