The San Diego Alternative Energy Meetup Group Message Board General Info › ENERGIZERS GET ON BOARD,.............. THERE IS WORK TO BE DONE

ENERGIZERS GET ON BOARD,.............. THERE IS WORK TO BE DONE

A former member
Post #: 92
A few days ago I became the "organizer" of the San Diego Alternative Energy Group. I'm not exactly sure how it all came about but it did. Like many members I'm a relative newcomer to the energy theater that makes it a large priority of life as we know it. The last year I have attended conventions, gone to seminars, installed solar PV, studied trade magazines, met inventors and of course surfed the net for anything solar This is a huge field and like you I'm trying to get my footing. I need your help

I want to thank Bill S for the huge effort he put into making this group so large and successful. He did this all practically himself. Running a Meetup is a huge time consuming enterprise. It involves controlling content, maintaining the spirit of this organization and planning. Bill S my hat is off to you, thank you.

I need your help. Like many of you I am busy with a career, social life, and tasks that have to be done for transportation and home. I belong to another group that is extremely successful. Besides the passion of it's members, like ours, it works because it has forty (40) assistant organizers. It is only slightly larger than this group. In other words there is one organizer for every fifteen people. The beauty of this is that each organizer contributes when his time or inclination allows.

I would like to hear from you out there that want to make this alternative group all that it can be. Are you an activist? I need you! Are you an inventor? I need you! Are you in the alternative energy business? I need you! Can you help in some way to make Alternative energy a way of life for our future? I need you! Sitting on the sidelines just means your part of the audience. Just contribute a little and you become part of the team.

Businesses we need you too! The fact is almost every bit of the innovation today for alternative energy comes from small to huge businesses. We want to help you and we need your help. Can you give us a tour of your business. If you are an accountant can you have a meetup discussing the huge return of investments for residential or commercial for sustainability implementation. You get the picture. Let me know how you can contribute. The value you offer must be real, have integrity and open to scrutiny. In other words you must be a noble crusader for solar, alternative energy and sustainable energy. You can also be a sponsor to this site, contact me for details. Also you can make your business name a member name.

NOTE - Solar alternative energy installers if your company does not have a contractors license and you are just a marketing organization you are going to have an impossible time becoming a member

I just got a note from Kevin S this morning about some events he was interested in putting together. My solution was simple, I made him an assistant organizer. How about you, have you got an upcoming event you want to share? What a great opportunity for networking. If you don't want to have an actual meetup for an event then just post a note on the calendar for others that might want to go or make that event a meetup.

In October there is one of the largest conventions in the world for sustainable energy right next door in Anaheim. I might do a meetup for car pooling to that event. I still need to get clarification on attendance fees.

So............, I need you to get on board and participate. Who knows you might get a job out of it, find your true love, save huge on your project, inspire an invention or buy the winning lottery ticket on your way to a Meetup.

Let me know your thoughts. Patrick

******** Does your skill pertain to sustainable energy? Good, under your member name I will put that skill as your title. If not I'll still give you a title if it is relevant to our mission here. Thanks
A former member
Post #: 1
Patrick,

I read your message from yesterday - great!

I look forward to our first re-organization meetup. A bit about my background - I am mechanical engineer and work in shelters industry, my personal background is more relevant - I own a off-the-grid fully self-sustaining ranch (in Winchester) for 10 years now and living entirely on alternative power has increased my interest and enjoyment of alternative power and everything "green" I am also interested in solar cooking and issues that are not directly alternative energy.

So in summary - I offer to freely contribute as a technical guy, as Professional Engineer structures, thermodynamics, and I'm very good at mathematics and physics of power systems. I have practical knowledge about what "works" in fullly self-sustaining houses, but not really local - Winchester is Riverside County.

I want to support this meetup as much as possible. "Pablo" (off-the-grid, professional engineer)
A former member
Post #: 93
Pablo, thanks for the great reply. I am going to give you a title so that make you a more visible asset. It will be below your member name.

My vision is that all are invited to post Meetups. How about you doing one in Hemet at the Western Center for Archeology and Paleontology? This is one of the few Platinum LEEDS building in the region. It doesn't matter if only two people go or twenty go. What maters is that people know about this asset and that people make sustainable living part of their consciousness.

Next month I might post a ride on motorcycles to it. Right now it is still pretty warm in that area for some. Me, I would go now if someone contacts me.

I'm also going to make you an organizer so you can post Meetups. Anybody can post events on the notes part of the calendar.

We are all in this together! Be part of the change!