Presenting: Badgeville, Life Correlations, and IDEASS.
Admission to the event will be given to people who have RSVP'd here on MeetUp. Attendance is limited to 225 so RSVP early! Doors open at 6:00pm. If you RSVP “Yes", please plan to check in at the registration desk by 6:30pm.
At 6:30pm we will begin opening "no show" spaces to people on the wait list. Sorry, no Walk-ins. If you are on the Wait List, we will notify you by 6:15pm if there are openings.
The agenda for April 2:
6-7pm NETWORKING, food, beverage, and LIVE MUSIC from Cruz Control.
7-7:15 WELCOME, Santa Cruz Tech Beat
7:15-7:45 COMPANY PRESENTATIONS
• Badgeville/ Abe Smith - the pioneer and leader in gamification: Game Mechanics, Reputation & Social Mechanics, Behavior Analytics. Learn how top global companies and education institutions use Badgeville to significantly improved customer and employee engagement. This is one presentation you won’t want to miss.
• Life Correlations / Ron Barr - Happy Now is a new iPhone app that empowers you to correlate your happiness with elements in your Life. Discover what might cause your allergies, see how your diet aligns with your mood, all from your iPhone.
7:45-8:15 PITCH SESSIONS: Three teams from UCSC IDEASS will present their projects. Three Mentors will provide feedback.
• Advanced Energy Storage Project - low-cost, high-power electrochemical renewable energy storage is one of the key technological challenges of our age. This team has will give an overview of their research results.
• Sustainable Off-Grid Solar Products - the goals of this team are to explore innovation in the off-grid solar industry to produce zero-waste products that can be safely recycled and reused.
• Municipal Waste to Energy - Waste to Energy (WtE) is the effective method to divert waste materials from landfill, and to reduce dependence on finite fuel. This project determines the feasibility of energy conversion using existing WtE technologies coupled with current feedstocks.