San Antonio Sportbike Riders Message Board › thanks to all who make ridesmart trackdays possible.

thanks to all who make ridesmart trackdays possible.

steven w.
weldtec1
Round Rock, TX
Post #: 101
my fist trackday was far better than i ever imagined it could be. i was a bit intimidated at first by all the race bikes and expensive leather suits but everyone i met was really cool and willing to lend a hand. im happy to say that my bike came back in one piece. my BT-003's handled great and my cornering control is so much better now. never did i feel that my safety was jeapordized by anyone on the track and finally having the opportunity to run without cars and cops was enough to make me want to go again and again. so, thanks to all who make ridesmart trackdays possible

btw, here's the bt 016 front & bt003 rear

steven w.
weldtec1
Round Rock, TX
Post #: 116
for anyone that may be wondering what ridesmart can teach u about body position in level 1: here's some pics by day.
trackday 1

trackday 2

end of day 2

trackday 3

3 days with ridesmart has taught me more than what i have learned in 3 yrs on my own. so come on, more friends that come out, the more fun we can have.
Paul c.
user 8826232
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 179
Well spoken, young padewan.
steven w.
weldtec1
Round Rock, TX
Post #: 119
here is cresson, the 3.1 mile that we ran on saturday 6/26

trackday 4

that #88 showed alot of improvement, i'd say he's ready for level 2 biggrin

Miguel G.
user 5094940
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 99
Man, congratulations !!, I see you are hooked now...and doing the right thing..cool
steven w.
weldtec1
Round Rock, TX
Post #: 120
its so sweet to learn to run faster and smoother (fast & smooth=safe) than i ever have before and never worrying about speeding tickets, on-coming traffic or crossing the double yellows to get past slow moving cars. a funny explanation to how i feel about ridng the track is to relate it to air conditioning in texas heat. if you've never had a/c then you wouldn't really care or feel that you were missing out on anything but once you've had it then you like to use it. through ridesmart, the tracks are made availiable to us and all we have to do is use them. if any of you get the chance, check out RideSmart.info and check the prices of the track and see what they have going on. many of us on this site have trailers and can save money by splitting travel costs. ridesmart has made it so easy that i only wish i had started hitting the track years earlier.

by the way, my knee pucks are beginning to wear down fast now so if any of you, that have leathers and dont go to the track, are willing to trade your new pucks for my used ones that would be cool...cool. as you can see by my TrackDay 1 pics, i was nowhere near dragging knee so anyone that cannot do it now CAN be doing it in a short number of TD's

A former member
Post #: 686
Congrats Steven! I completely agree with your opinion and assessment of Ridesmart, and track days in general. I would strongly encourage anyone to do it, at least once. (But of course we all know that once you're bitten, you gotta go back for more! devilish). It is amazing what you can learn when you're not concerned about gravel, cops, and cagers. You can push yourself and your bike to limits that you don't (or shouldn't at least) on the street; and yet what you've learned at the track can/will translate TO the street without even having to think about it when you most need it (ie: quick braking, avoiding potential hazards, etc), b/c you've already become comfortable with what you and your bike can/will do.

Good post, Steven! smile
steven w.
weldtec1
Round Rock, TX
Post #: 121
thanks candace, its always cool to see familiar faces at the track. i'll be steppin up to
L2 now and hopefully catch some tips from you and mike so i too can be smoothest rider...smile as for being bitten; yes! look out everyone because what she says is true
steven w.
weldtec1
Round Rock, TX
Post #: 122
MSR HOUSTON

EAGLES CANYON

BARBER

A former member
Post #: 687
Wish I could afford to go to Barber. sad