Science Museum Lates Message Board › Science Museum Lates coming next Wednesday!

Science Museum Lates coming next Wednesday!

A former member
Hi everyone,

Hope you're all looking forward to next week's Lates event at the Science Museum, this month based around "Obsession and Attraction". Highlights include an IMAX 3D film about Van Gogh's infatuations (not seen before in the UK), Van de Graaff generators, comedy shows, Henry Wellcome's X-rated science collection, a silent disco and, of course, the "shameless playtime" in Launchpad.

To confirm, this meetup event is an open one, simply because the event gets too busy to effectively get together. However, if some of you would like to meet up at a local bar (the nearest are on Gloucester Road about 10 minutes walk from the museum) let me know and I'll be happy to broadcast the message for you so we can get this meetup working more effectively (sadly, I'll be too busy setting up the evening's event to attend!).

Doors to Lates will open at 6.45pm, but if you want to avoid the queue, come slightly later - around 7.15pm - and it should be a lot easier to just walk in at that point. If you're going to queue, remember to check the weather beforehand and bring a brolly just in case!

If you have any questions please let me know either via email, to peer.lawther@sciencemuseum.org.uk or, on the evening in person - as always I'll be wandering around and having fun with our guests.

Hope to see you there and no problem if you can't make it - the next Lates is *three* weeks' time (not four!) - on March 18th - and the Meetup event page for it is available now.

Regards,

Peer on behalf of the Science Museum