addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Seattle Cinema Club Message Board › New Meetup: Jane's Journey at SIFF Cinema

New Meetup: Jane's Journey at SIFF Cinema

Greg
user 10863320
Seattle, WA
Announcing a new Meetup for Seattle Cinema Club!

What: Jane's Journey at SIFF Cinema
When: Saturday, May 14, 2011 1:30 PM

Where: SIFF Cinema
321 Mercer St.
Seattle, WA 98109

Why: It's the Seattle premiere, and it's Jane Goodall.

We'll be going to see the Seattle premiere of Jane's Journey (Germany: 106 minutes), a movie about Jane Goodall. From SIFF's website:

More than 20 years ago, Dr. Jane Goodall, now 75, decided to give up her career as a primatologist, as well as her private life, in order to devote all her energy to saving our endangered planet. Since then she’s been spending 300 days a year scouring the globe on her mission to spread hope for future generations. She has taken on the responsibilities of a UN Messenger of Peace, and has been honored with countless awards.

In Jane’s Journey, we accompany her on her travels across several continents, and receive unprecedented access to her intense and exciting past. From her childhood home in Bournemouth, England, we embark to Gombe National Park on the shores of Lake Tanganyika, in Tanzania, her second home. It’s where she began her groundbreaking research nearly half a century ago, and she still returns every year to enjoy the company of the chimpanzees that made her the internationally recognized activist so loved and deeply respected.

The movie starts at 2:00, but the doors open at 1:30. We'll be grabbing seats at around 1:45, so if you don't see me at the entrance or in the lobby, check inside the movie theater. Also, my phone doesn't work inside the theater, so I will try to be on the lookout for latecomers up until about five minutes before the film begins.

Though I don't think this film will sell out, you can buy advance tickets here: http://www.siff.net/cinema/detail.aspx?FID=220&id=44187­

Here's a link to the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BXVUvm7IQ4&feature=player_embedded­

After the movie, we'll head to a local coffee house for a post movie discussion.

Check it out!