Seattle Cinema Club Message Board › New Meetup: INCENDIES

New Meetup: INCENDIES

Greg
user 10863320
Seattle, WA
Note: Check back on Friday to see if the time has changed.

We will be going to see the 8 pm showing of Incendies (which is a non-SIFF film) on Wednesday, June 8th at Harvard Exit Theatre.

From Landmark Theatres' Website:

"When notary Lebel (Rémy Girard) sits down with Jeanne and Simon Marwan (Mélissa Désormeaux Poulin, Maxim Gaudette) to read them their mother Nawal's will, the twins are stunned to receive a pair of envelopes—one for the father they thought was dead and another for a brother they didn't know existed. In this enigmatic inheritance, Jeanne sees the key to Nawal's (Lubna Azabal) retreat into unexplained silence during the final weeks of her life. She immediately decides to go to the Middle East to dig into a family history of which she knows next to nothing. Simon soon joins her in combing their ancestral homeland in search of a Nawal who is very different from the mother they knew. With Lebel's help, the twins piece together the story of the woman who brought them into the world, discovering a tragic fate as well as the courage of an exceptional woman."

This film was Canada's entry in the Best Foreign Film category at the Academy Awards.

Since I'm not sure where the box office will be (for SIFF films, it's been outside), I will meet all of you outside the main entrance at 7:30. The showing is upstairs (where I've never been) so if you don't see us outside, head to the theatre after buying your ticket. I'll have my cell phone on until about five minutes before the film starts.

After the movie ends we'll head around the corner to the De Luxe Bar & Grill for a quick pick from their Happy Hour Menu, as the film is 130 minutes long and I won't be staying out past 11, even though I will be staying through the credits :-)

Roger Ebert's Review:http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110427/REVIEWS/110429984/-1/RSS­

And a review from fellow blogger Gael Schmidt-Cleach: https://dontdoacidguys.wordpress.com/2011/02/10/review-incendies-2010/­