Seattle Active Dogs Meetup Group Message Board › Affordable dog training for aggression in a cattle-dog mix

Affordable dog training for aggression in a cattle-dog mix

A former member
Post #: 7
My dog Daisy is a sweetheart with me and people she's familiar with. She's always shown signs of fear with reticence in new situations and with new people. The problem is, while she's often confident and relaxed she can be fear-aggressive when there is a confusing, close environment especially if she feels trapped or that I'm in danger.
This has become an issue in my living situation where we have to walk through a lobby and share elevators, often with people who are triggers to her: delivery people, mail carriers, firemen, maintenance people especially. While I can anticipate what will trigger her, I'm not always able to get her away before she barks threateningly and even lunges. I am strong enough to hold her back, but it's nerve wracking for me, anyone who sees or hears it, and the target of her aggression. I have her wearing a muzzle for walking through the shared space at our building, but unless I also have the specialized training we both need, it is still a problem with being able to keep my apartment and keep her.

The question is, does anyone know of good, lower cost training for this? I just spent a lot on car repairs and already am low-income so the training I've read about that addresses her issues are out of my reach. Do you know of any access to funds to help pay for such training? I'm desperate!