|Sent on:||Thursday, November 10, 2011 5:35 PM|
· Plan and execute scheduled maintenance.
· Plan and execute software, platform, content, and configuration upgrades.
·Perform daily MySQL database administration duties.
·Provide end user support for core services.
·Execute level-2 and level-3 on-call duties.
· Development and operation of tools and systems to monitor and report on system performance and utilization of MySQL database systems.
·Extemporized analysis of client, server, and infrastructure performance.
*Develop tools to assist in the execution of Operations tasks.
·Develop long-term data archiving solutions.
·Research new ways of using MySQL databases in applications or using databases in innovative solutions. Including the evaluation and implementation of NoSQL systems.
·nteract with software engineers and data modelers to ensure the overall application design is optimal, which would involve performance data modeling, schema design, and query reviews.
·Design, architect, and build highly available MySQL databases after determining business requirements in order to create logical models, building physical models, and plan system architecture.
·BS/MS degree in Computer Science or proven equivalent MySQL database engineering experience in large, mission-critical production environments.
·3-5 years experience supporting many MySQL database instances for a fast-paced development environment.
·Strong understanding of MySQL database architecture concepts, storage engine internals, maintenance, hands-on experience, replication, etc.
·Proficient working with UNIX/Linux platform with concrete knowledge of system/administration internals.
·Proficiency with one or more scripting languages to automate database administration tasks.
·Working knowledge of TCP/IP and computer networking.
·Experience with patch management and image deployment.
· Understanding of service delivery concepts (SLA’s, monitoring, on-call, escalation and handoff procedures).
·Ability to work closely with development teams.
·Experience with OpenNMS preferred.
· Advanced working knowledge Unix operating systems.
·Experience with NoSQL servers such as MongoDB strongly desired.
·Experience with web application development and hosting (Apache, HTML, PHP, JSP)
·Experience with data analysis (reporting via SQL, visualization with Excel)
· Experience with monitoring software
* We also support, but not actively, dev and test environments. (I don’t know that number.)
* Pager duty, but from our current MySQL DBA: "I rarely get any off-hour calls at all. Maybe a handful a year."
* Looking for highly available production environment experience with master-master set-ups, not just master-slave environments, as taking the master offline is not a possibility.
* Must know how to detect / repair a slave out of sync
* Must have experience with monitoring software other than ‘home grown’ scripts. While there is nothing wrong with this, it shows a lack of depth about monitoring a MySQL installation the size of ours."
This message has been scanned for malware by Websense. www.websense.com
This email message originally included an attachment.