addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Lotico New York Semantic Web Message Board › Hello From Evan!

Hello From Evan!

Evan S.
sandhaus
New York, NY
Thank you Marco for your kind introduction and for providing me with this fantastic opportunity. And thank you to all the members of The New York Semantic Web Meetup for making our community into the largest and best Semantic Web gathering on planet Earth.

I want to take just a brief moment to tell you why I am excited for our community and to explain what I will be focusing on in this new role.

Over the last several years we’ve seen The Semantic Web Standards evolve from a mechanism for agent coordination and logical reasoning to a leading standard for data interoperability on the open web. With the recent adoption of RDFa by several major search engines, social networks and publishing platforms I am confident that this trend will only accelerate in the years to come. In my new role at The New York Semantic Web Meetup, I hope to keep our community at the center of these developments by fostering discussions around both Linked Data and emerging standards for embedding semantic structure in web documents. To that end I welcome any and all of your suggestions for future programming and new directions and look forward to collaborating with this brilliant, vibrant and dedicated community.

All the best!

Evan Sandhaus
@kansandhaus