addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Sewing with Style Message Board › Saturday's Dress for Success Meetup: Important information!

Saturday's Dress for Success Meetup: Important information!

Anslee
user 6229429
Austin, TX
Hey seamsters! I hope you're having a fabulous week!

I would like to share some information with you about our charitable sewing Meetup on Saturday. The donations we were hoping for turned up a bit shy, so if you have any extra fabric you are willing to part with, we would really appreciate your contribution. Also, if you have some elastic that you could spare, that would be a great contribution as well!

Since it is a day long event, please feel free to bring some sharable snacks. I've got some hummus and good, healthy stuff to bring, so if you'd like to spread the food love while you're rocking out some awesome garments for a great cause, that is more than welcomed! :)

There will be some other seamsters who aren't apart of this Meetup group there to help us out on Saturday. We got the word out to some really sweet people, so expect some new faces, or hey, even some old ones!

Also, we would super appreciate it if you could let us know about what time you'll be heading to this event. I know some have given us an estimate, so we definitely appreciate that. You're also welcome to come and go as you please. This isn't a sweatshop, it's totally you lending us your time and your talent. We'd love to have you for the whole day, but we understand that not everyone can stick around for 8 hours on a Saturday. Any time you have is great for us, so if you know what time you'll be able to make it, we would surely love to know!

I can't wait until Saturday! Let me know if you have any questions.

Be inspired,

Anslee
Karel R.
user 4752923
Austin, TX
Post #: 27
I plan to be there by 9:30 to help set things up. I'm bringing the patterns, my sewing machine, and serger. Everyone might want to bring a variety of thread colors so we can blend with whatever fabrics we get.