#SFMySQL Meetup Message Board › Help needed on March 7 or 8 with MySQL troubles on Mac

Help needed on March 7 or 8 with MySQL troubles on Mac

Morgan T.
user 83852572
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 1
Hi there, I have a job interview coming up and knowing SQL is a major prerequisite. I've used it before but I'm trying to brush up on my skills, and need to set up MySQL and Sequel Pro on my Mac. I did this at a previous job, and always came up with problems. Then, there were database people around to solve them.

Now I'm on my own, and the same issues have arisen. They all come in the form of trying to get access to a database (note that I'm not clear on lingo so I'm doing the best I can to be descriptive), and I ALWAYS get an "access denied for root@locahost" or "access denied for whateveruser@whateverhost". I've tried dozens of internet solutions, none which worked in any way. Then I tried uninstalling MySQL by deleting a bunch of its files, but I stopped in the middle of that because I couldn't get writing permission on a file I needed to edit. I worried I'd gotten myself in too deep.

If *anyone* can meet up in Berkeley, Oakland or other East Bay location TOMORROW, MARCH 7TH OR SATURDAY, MARCH 8, I would be so, so grateful. I need this thing working at latest Saturday, at the very latest, and this job interview is at a company I've been dying to work for. It's like the opportunity of a lifetime.

Please help if you can... so much gratitude if anyone is up for it! I'm sure it's not even a big problem, but to someone like me who is newer in the field and who isn't really a database/IT person per se, it's pretty hard.

Samantha
NerdyGirl
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 7
Did you get the job? Hope you can make it to our upcoming meetups

http://www.meetup.com...­[url=http://www.meetup.com/mysql-silicon­-valley/]Silicon Valley MySQL meetup[/url]