SFBayCafe Message Board › Here's An "Easy", Memorable Venture In Yosemite's High Country

Here's An "Easy", Memorable Venture In Yosemite's High Country

Morgan Hill, CA
Post #: 25
Hi there SFBayCafe folks,

Lucky me...I have a Wilderness Permit for Yosemite NP's High Country, & am inviting you to experience Tuolumne Meadows and beyond! The sweet thing is that it's a doable hike...there is only an overall 200' gain in 5 miles to the campsites.

We'll hike in, relax, dip in pools, fish for (and catch, and release almost all) wild trout, absorb, and explore; 2 nights and 3 days are leisurely spent in just one location.

Oh yes, there's great eating (no hot dogs and beans...veggies, fruit, an entree, and fresh fish instead), drinks (hot and cold, with tasty spirits) and comfort (warmth and shelter, bear protection, a solar shower, lots of flowing water) plus entertainment (us low-keyed folks and a whole lotta surrounding nature). We'll take in night-time wonders, including falling stars, in one of the best settings on our planet.

We'll leave the Bay Area very early on Friday, August 19, and return Sunday afternoon.

This will be a smaller, 3-5 person group; please be between 30 and 60 y/o and, most importantly, a determined and inquisitive person; beginners are indeed welcome.

I have some of the necessary equipment and gear to share, yet you'll be bringing in your own essentials and comforts. You and perhaps another can join in if you feel this venture will fit. For sure, this will be one of those memorable, savored trips you've ever taken!

Lemme know if you wanna go, but do so now, as in ASAP; we'll the put it together from there!

408-779-5682 : Home
408-828-3348 : Cell
RFM113 (at) hotmail (dot) com : Home email