***NEW RSVP PROCESS--We will be using Eventbrite to handle RSVPs for this event. Please register here, as this will be our master list for tracking attendees.***
How do you turn a spring fling into a serious relationship? <3
How can startups and schools work with one another to build better relationships and shape product development? We’ll hear from:
- Companies that go above and beyond (their office) and into classrooms. Those that go further than just observing and talking and maybe even teach a class themselves
- Educators who open the classroom to coders and impact how they can best work with schools
And not all relationships are meant to work out. Startups will pivot--or fold. Schools may realize it’s not worth the time or money--or simply choose someone else. What mutual understandings and ground rules ought to be in place to avoid a messy breakup?
Food and beverages will be generously provided by Orrick.
- Jon Deane (Chief Information Officer, Summit Public Schools)
- Dan Carroll (Co-founder and COO, Clever)
- Kalen Gallagher (ClassDojo; Trustee, Campbell Union High School District)
- Angela Estrella (Library Media Teacher, Lynbrook High School)
For those taking BART, the venue is located between the Embarcadero and Montgomery stops. Those driving can park in the Orrick garage; the entrance is located on First St, south of Howard St. There is a flat charge of $6 when entering after 6pm.
Interested? Please register on the Eventbrite page.