San Franciso Game Development Meetup Group Message Board › Looking for a Spanish-speaking community manager (social games)
|A former member||
My company is looking for a Spanish-speaking community manager. We work on social games :]
I've included the official posting. Thanks!
Tencent America is a subsidiary of Tencent Holdings, the world's 3rd largest Internet services Company. Our corporate mission is to enhance people's quality of life by offering Internet services including instant messaging, online gaming, social networking, e-commerce, mobile services and more. With over 10,000 employees across the globe, you will expand your horizon and enrich your career with us.
Representing Tencent in the US, our team is small but growing rapidly. We are looking for exceptional Bilingual (Spanish/English) individuals to join us. As a global leader in a highly competitive and evolving market it takes a special person to become part of our team. We look for someone who has the creativity, commitment, and the conviction to build excellent products that help enrich the lives of our customers. We offer competitive compensation and benefits (e.g. 100% medical/dental/vision insurance) to reward our employees for their outstanding dedication, performance and accomplishments.
Job Title: Bilingual (Spanish/English) Community Manager - Online Games
Location: Downtown Palo Alto, walking distance from Caltrain Station
If you enjoy using the Internet to communicate, play social games, analyze data/user trends, and interact with many people, this is the job for you! Come join us at our new office in Palo Alto and grow your career in the hottest Internet industry - online social gaming.
* Developing and managing the online community for social games.
* Be the voice and champion of the end user before and after the game goes live.
* Answering user questions in game, forums, and email.
* Monitoring multiple game forums. Gathering, analyzing, and responding to community feedback.
* Lead and own all community content: maintain Facebook Fan Page, author blog posts, articles, podcasts, videos, etc.
* Establish and report metrics on a regular basis, including recommendations and insights.
* Identify and analyze issues, patterns and trends in user requests & product performance.
* Brainstorm and organize community events: weekly contests, meetups, and online events.
* Report back to product teams and game developers on what users love and how to make their experience better.
* Recommend process improvement in both development and QA.
* Work closely with the product teams and development team to ensure that we deliver stable products to users.
* Test products across all browsers, platforms, and conduct ad-hoc testing and checklist testing of all new products.
* Bilingual ability in Spanish and English (verbal and written).
* Demonstrate passion for online games. Must be a social game player.
* Demonstrate you are an effective communicator online. Can build relationships and handle tough user inquires.
* Experience in online community development, customer support or online marketing.
* Stay up to date on new social media tools, best practices and how other organizations and companies are using them.
* Enjoy interacting with people of all personality types.
* Have a fun personality with high energy.
* Strong ability to problem solve.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Excellent team player who is ready to help out with various tasks as needed.
* Be self-sufficient and self-motivated.
* BA/BS degree preferred.