San Franciso Game Development Meetup Group Message Board › A more quiet meetup location

A more quiet meetup location

W. Thomas G.
lion_lotek
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 9
I was wondering if anyone else would be into meeting up at a location that is a little more quiet than the Hemlock. I don't have a ton of suggestions but I am curior what other's suggestions might be.

There is an excellent Tea House on Pacific between Larkin and Hyde called Dynastea. They close at 10 pm and do not have any alchohol.

A restraunt or cafe could be good too since I have to go straight from work to the meeting.
Casey H.
caseytron
Group Organizer
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 1
Thanks for the post on the venue. I agree that we should switch to a quieter place. It was especially loud at the Hemlock last time, and will not work too well if we start having guest presentations etc... I like the idea of meeting someplace that serves food. Tommy's Joint on Vanness might work, since it has large tables and they probably don't care how long we hang out there.

So, if anyone has a suggestion please post them. I will switch the venue after we get some feedback based on people’s needs and opinions. So far Dynastea sounds good.

Thanks again for the post!
Casey H.
caseytron
Group Organizer
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 2
Hello,

Since there has not been there hasn't been a response on a venue switch, I will go ahead and set the venue to Dynastea. I would like to briefly discuss places to meet at the next event. Maybe we can all agree on a place that serves food?

Thanks-

Casey
A former member
Post #: 1
Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi. I've been a hobby developer for 15+ years, but have been mostly a Jr. systems architect / admin with a sprinkling of web and fat app development. My friend and I, and others believe that the trend in games will become more and more physics based and use natural environments. Examples are Gish [http://www.chroniclog...­, the older Incredible Machine [http://www.worldvilla...­. It would be nice to see a 3D version of TIM :) Also games like Battlefield 1942 are great and, umm, addicting, but they lack realistic physics -- no terain deformation, gravity has no effect on long distance shots, etc. Everything is a based on weights and random values instead of physics.

Anyway, I plan on meeting you guys at Dynastea to to kick around some ideas and have some fun. BTW, there are quite a few members listed, but only a small number seem to go to the events. Are many of them inactive?

Regards,
Mike