|A former member||
Soon to launch CoupleSmarts aka CoupleSpace.net needs at least a 30-60min consult or ideally top UI/UX Designer mentor/advisor (4hrs/wk) or better yet PT UI/UX savvy Designer
We will be the first truly robust--interactive individualizable web app to help committed couples have stronger happier relationships: couples in trouble as well as couples with pretty good or even good relationships wanting to make them better/deeper. We need to settle on our INITIAL UI design (two choices] for our Landing Page by next week; hence the urgent request for a 30-60min consult.
FOR the ongoing advisor/mentor or PT designer, this is an opportunity to 1) get with minimal effort, a great RESUME URL, since our consumer app will be taking on one of the most important and complex challenges of human experience--making a committed relationship/marriage work well; 2) to get in on ground floor of startup that not only could be highly profitable but more importantly, could prevent oceans of human suffering, and 3) an opp to move the Internet from its focus on Quantity to Quality.
We have well received alpha, beta in stealth, dedicated nonfunded yet team (recently turned down a seed funding offer), based on best research on long lasting committed relationships and years of struggle. If interested IN more detailed description of who we are, what we have going for us, read below and to apply, write: gary@CoupleSpace.net.
DETAILED DESCRIPTION (excuse repetition of one or two of above elements)
Want a Remarkable Do-Good Consumer web app resume URL w/ minimal effort? But you’re already very busy, and you can only work PT and only for a short time? Our web app, CoupleSpace (aka CoupleSmarts) takes on one of the most important and “complicated” issues humans face: Making a marriage/committed relationship work and thrive. We're also remarkable because we combine not only the potential for huge profitability but more importantly the potential to prevent massive human suffering.
WHO and WHAT WE ARE:
We are a dedicated four person team (a 4 year veteran rubyist, a talented two year rubyist, a passionate and brilliant PM/VP Prod Development, and a CEO/head PhD Harvard/UC Bekeley psychologist) plus a small cadre of Fundraising and Psych Research directors/writers), plus impressive business and therapist advisors.
OUR MISSION: to be the first and hopefully always the best truly robust—highly interactive, individualizable, and web app to engage and enable virtually all couples who cannot afford or won't trust a therapist to have stronger happier relationships.
MARKET: We’re talking minimally 50MM or so unhappy couples in US/Canada/Britain/AU alone, and we know from our market research than 65% would pay $9-19/mo for what we’ll be offering (which can do 8 things a therapist cannot do! and probably 75% of what a good one does do). We’re also be appealing to new couples, ok couples who want to make their relationship much better, and therapists themselves to offer their couple-clients to prevent backsliding. Most therapists therefore look forward to us as an aftercare adjunct. So even if we initially only reach one percent of these, guess what?! And we already have interested seedfunders and angel funders, which is why we are anxious to finish up the beta, to be able to demonstrate traction.
HOW WE’LL SPREAD: We think we have some ways to spread fast and eventually even be at times fun. We also already have major national media reporters anxious to see the site, strong PR talent, not to mention strong WOM potential.
Here are just a few things we have going for us:
1) Well received alpha (proof of concept) by nearly 100 couples, and nearly half finished MVP beta; plus finished beta for sister feeder site, StopArguingNow.com (needing funds to get initial traffic going via social media )
2) Strong uniquely qualified team including two excellent Ruby engineers, one a single dad (who was blindsided just like the CEO/founder, moi)
3) A novel scalable solution to a blue ocean market, perfectly timed for the economy and trends in use of the Internet (from quantity to quality of relationships), with solid biz model: More than 2/3 of couples (big market research survey) said they would pay $19/mo for our web service if available today and they had a serious issue
4) Well thought out quasi viral tactics using twitter and FB to spread CoupleSpace, plus huge word of mouth potential
5) Solid BP and Marketing Plan (finalist in major BP competition), including interested Fortune 50 business partners.
6) Amazingly, a lack of any real competition (though lots of simple websites, blogs, and only two (not much needed) one-service-only wep apps)
7) Strong potential Fortune 50 partnerships (with Health Insurance, EAP providers, and large employers (for their HR departments)
**8) FOUNDER/CEO wants to donate most of his own profits to urgent and important humanitarian and envtl causes
WHO YOU ARE:expert UI/UX consultant or expert UI/UX designer with one or two impressive consumer urls you have designed yourself.. If interested in the PT Designer position and not just a one hour consult, you must be good at html and css and graphics.
TIME and OTHER EXPECTATIONS:
➢ For the designer, ideally at least 20hrs/wk, more if possible, ideally 2-3 months (to finish at least version 1 and possibly version 2 of the beta), many angels have asked us for the beta as soon as its ready)
> For the Consultant: 30-60min, and for the Mentor/advisor: 4-5hrs/wk
➢ You can work from anywhere in USA,
➢ not afraid to let us know unhappy feelings—pissed, frustrated, confused, angry, disappointed
➢ wants to make a difference in the world
1) indicate in sub box: UI/UX expert Designer or Design-Advisor-or DesignConsult/hours per wk available//[your city][how heard of us]
2) send short note as to why you are attracted and major concerns
3) email: gary at couplespace (all one word) dot net