Arul Kumaran, CTO of Luracast will be sharing with us more on an open source solution, Restler.
More about Restler
- A RESTful API server framework written in PHP
- Very light weight. You can write a server with just 3 php files
- Simple to use. Create a PHP class, with some functions that you want to expose, add a javadoc style comment to map it to a url
- Using a plugin architecture for supporting different formats like json, xml, yaml, amf, plist. You can add your own formats easily
- Easy to protect an api, simply declare the function as protected, and add an authentication class
- Using a plugin architecture for supporting different authentication schemes. You can add your own auth plugin
- Free and open sourced!