addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Singapore Linux Meetup Group Message Board › Linux Promotion

Linux Promotion

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi members,
This is mohd Shajan with u from Dubai. I work in Dubai as Linux System Administrator since 3 years. Recently i became a member in Linux Meet-up Group in Singapore..
I am a tech-guy who loves the growth of linux and open source world wide.I wish and prays that Linux and open source Development will one day beat the commercial giant...

As a step towards this... i always convey my linux friends to utilize the free time for the promotion of linux and open source... And we have formed a group here to give an awareness of linux to the public...

As a first step , we have decided....

1) to make 1000 copies of Linux OS and distribute it to the people who love to learn linux... especially the school children..

2) Provide free seminar to school children.. about the use of linux

3) also to the people who cannot afford to spend on buying new PCs, we plan to introduce linux to them with the help of LINUX TERMINAL SERVER PROJECT
( where they can use all their old diskless PCs to NETWORK BOOT to a PC with a higher configuration....

So i wolud like my loving members in Singapore to give any valuable suggestions in this matter , also i request linux users who wish the growth of linux to just come forward and give awareness about linux in singapore like what we do here ....

waiting for ur valuable suggestions.... bye

Mohd Shajan
A former member
Post #: 3
So how is linux in dubai or the rest of the middle east.
A former member
Post #: 2
As far as Dubai is concerned more companies now started thinking about the migration to linux.. as Oracle extended its support to the open source linux.. We have 2-3 companies where there is 100% linux usage.. We believe that about 25-30 % servers here are running on linux now, which shows a significant change compared to the last one or two years... Anyway lets hope for the best...