Silicon Valley Python Meetup Message Board › January Meeting | Brainstorming Talks

January Meeting | Brainstorming Talks

Glen J.
user 8312881
Group Organizer
San Francisco, CA
I have been contacted by an awesome company that wants to offer us space for our MeetUps. I am working on organizing a January MeetUp.
Do you have a talk that you'd like to share? Is there something of interest lately that you have seen and would like to see a talk on it? Let's brainstorm for ideas and plan 2012.
I am personally working on an Open Source project that marries Django and Mechanical Turk. It's still in an alpha stage, but I learned a lot during the process and could share what I learned. I am also doing a lot of work with Amazon Web Services and could give a basic talk on AWS. Both of these talks are from the entry level to intermediate level (i.e., they will be pitched in a way that may bore the more advanced audience).
Those are just a few ideas that I have. What about you? This is a discussion on the message board here.
During Brainstorming, there are no bad ideas.. it's about creativity and making a pool of ideas. We will come back and edit/prioritize later. Now, let the ideas roll...
Cheers,

Glen