addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Silicon Valley Python Meetup Message Board › We are still on for Red Pill Blue Pill tonight

We are still on for Red Pill Blue Pill tonight

Glen J.
user 8312881
Group Organizer
San Francisco, CA
We are still planning on talking tonight. On my last dry run, the talk was 1 hour 7 minutes. However, unfortunately, when I get in front of a group, I talk fast. Please help remind me to slow down :)

As a reminder, the outline of the talk is:

• Overview of types of virtualization (a small educational intro)
  • Two types of Virtualization we'll talk about

Hardware Virtualization with AWS
- live demo on using AWS for free)
- Second live demo using AWS via Boto library/scripts
Software Virtualization (like FreeBSD Jail)
- live demo of virtualenv and virtualenv wrappers and we touch on PEP405: venv).

• Review/Summary

I have a PDF worksheet with screenshots that I will distribute. I also have a set of slides, etc that I will distribute.

This talk is organized by BayPIGgies (http://baypiggies.net...­. Their agenda is typically like this:

7:30 PM General hubbub, inventory end-of-meeting announcements, anyfirst-minute announcements.

7:35 PM to 7:40 PM Newbie Nugget (a tip for beginners)

7:40 PM to 8:40 PM (or so) Red Pill Blue Pill Virtualization talk

8:40 PM to 9:30 PM Mapping and Random Access

Mapping is a rapid-fire audience announcement of issues, hiring,events, and other topics.
Random Access follows people immediately to allow follow up on theannouncements and other interests.

Don't forget, if you decided not to go, update your RSVP so we know how many chairs to plan.

I'll see you there.

Cheers,

Glen