addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Single Parents - Divorced Adults Group Message Board › Christmas Day...

Christmas Day...

Optimistic C.
OptimisticChris
Madison, WI
Post #: 20
I am wondering if there are any other "ways & strays" out there... folks who will likely be looking for something to do for all or a portion of Christmas Day?

I already know that I have my kids until noon on Christmas Day smile... and then I have to deliver them to the ex for the remainder of the day crying (& until Jan 2nd).

If there are enough folks feeling "lost", I'd be willing to host the afternoon/evening.

There are a ton of things we could do as a group to make it a "Christmas to remember". Off the top of my head...
Go ice skating
Go cross country skiing
Go sledding
Have a bonfire in the back yard... with smore's of course!
Start a snowball fight
Play Monopoly/Whoonu/Apples to Apples...
Watch 'It's a Wonderful Life'!
Make dinner... let's call it a "feast"!
Eat ice cream... Ben & Jerry New York Super Fudge Chunk love struck
Dance... my daughter has a disco ball I know we can use!

Thoughts anyone?

Optimisitic Chris
A former member
Post #: 31
I absolutely love you line of thinkings, unfortunately I can't give you any feedback at this time, I am not allowing myself for personal reasons to think past Halloween at this moment very much. I traditionally have been non-traditional around the holidays though so I will keep my eye on this. I thank you for the wonderful ideas, openness and wonderfully fun candor in your post. I hope I don't have to wait that long to hang out with you again.
A former member
Post #: 11
I may be up for something as well. It's too early to commit to anything but I think it's a wonderful idea! I'm not sure how I'll be feeling as this will be my first year alone but I am looking for ideas. Bonfire and a snowball fight could be a lot of fun!
A former member
Post #: 3
Chris, I too would be into such a gathering. I generally have used the holidays without my son just relaxing with a bottle of wine and movies near my fireplace. Even though I have not been to a meet up yet with the SPDA group, I am looking forward to meeting everyone fairly soon. I will definitely keep an eye on where things may go with this idea. I also have a fun game that could be of interest, called "The Game of Things."
Laura K
user 13667951
Madison, WI
Post #: 16
Oh my gosh - I'm not the only one already dreading the holidays?!

I won't know our schedule 'til we get close - but may be up for something. I was actually thinking of hosting a Thanksgiving dinner. Again, I don't know yet if my son will be with me or not (last year, my boy and I celebrated with my ex's family on Friday - the ex of course was not invited). I'm not from this area originally, so I don't get to see my parents and am not into going out to dinner with my ex-laws.

So, anyone think they'd be up for Thanksgiving dinner at my house (I live in Cottage Grove)?
A former member
Post #: 95
I am going to have my daughter, but no other family around. If anyone wants to get together for a mid-late afternoon kid friendly event, LMK
Sue
user 19379981
Prairie du Sac, WI
Post #: 4
Wow! Not sure about the holidays. Will be the first as divorced. Not sure what my family is doing... but I will keep this all in mind. Last year we were somewhat seperated... but celebrated them together.
A former member
Post #: 60
Keep me posted! The ex has the kids every xmas day, so I know I am without kids so far and all those suggestions sound like a great way to spend the evening!
A former member
Post #: 26
My children will be gone with their dad for a week over Christmas. I won't get Christmas Eve, Christmas Day... nada. But... I will get all the time before to bake cookies with them, decorate a tree, and do all the other traditions I have started with them. A day... is just a day. (or so I try to tell myself). I imagine it will be a very difficult time for me, and I'd love the company of others. I have cross country skis, and I'd love to get out and do that if it's snowy. I love to cook, so I'd happily offer my services to cook for whoever wants to get together.

Thanks Chris, for posting this. I've been trying to block Christmas out... but I suppose it's good to be prepared.
Optimistic C.
OptimisticChris
Madison, WI
Post #: 21
Jen,

You cannot cook without some preparation.
The more prep and the more ingredients... the better the dish!
The same with Christmas.
We'll plan in advance and surround ourselves with great people.

We'll all have a lovely, brilliant, funny day!

OC