addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Single Parents - Divorced Adults Group Message Board › FUNdraiser on Lake Mendota

FUNdraiser on Lake Mendota

Cathy P.
Mom2Nadia
Madison, WI
Post #: 32
Hello SP-DA family!

Over the past few months, I have hostessed some events, gotten to know many of you, and look forward to getting to know even more! The event I just posted, though, is one close to my heart, and to be honest, I need your help.

A little over a decade ago, my favorite aunt Cathy battled breast cancer. Although she did beat it, a drunk driver took her life. Although her death was horrible for all of us left behind, the sad reality is that the treatment for that same cancer may have caused a secondary disease that had reared its ugly head, and would have killed her slowly.

In 2001, when I was living in Seattle, I walked 60 miles in 3 days to honor her name and be a warrior in this battle against breast cancer. As I crossed the finish line, 2000 miles away from my family, I promised myself I would do it again.

Now it's 2012. I'm a mom myself, and I wish I could guarantee that Nadia won't face this monster, but I can't. I may not be a scientist, but I must believe I can do something about it. This is my "something".

I posted an event at my parents' home on Lake Mendota, near Spring Harbor. It will be a day of boating, fun, food, fellowship, and fundraising. I have raised $375 so far, which is a good start. In order for me to participate in this event, I must raise at least $1800. Any donations are tax-deductible. You can donate either in person at the event, or on my personal page http://info.avonfound...­. A receipt will be given at the time of donation. And, even though it's my feet hitting the pavement (over, and over, and over...)wink all donors will be right there with me every step of the way, because their names will be written on my shirt!

I look forward to seeing you all on Lake Mendota! love struck