addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Single Parents - Divorced Adults Group Message Board › Anyone been through the family court custody/physical placement study program?

Anyone been through the family court custody/physical placement study program?

A former member
Post #: 4
Even though I've been divorced for over 10 years, I feel compelled to reply in hoping that it will offer people in the group a different perspective. Never assume anything: That 50/50 placement is the standard for 2 good, loving parents because it is not, especially in a contested divorce where one parent wants more placement for monetary or other reasons. That a GAL will act in the best interests of the kids, look at each parent with open eyes, and be objective, because they sometimes do not. Never assume that pictures, documentation, records etc. always gets you a fair shake, because it does not . Never assume that if both parents were equally in the lives of the kids and active, that you both will get joint custody and have equal say in your children lives going forward. Doesn't always happen. That the FCCS in their family studies are thorough and have no prior agenda and look at each case fairly and what is absolutely best for the kids and the family, because that is totally false. The FCCS is very short staffed and in many cases have faced accusations of fraud and neglect and have ruined many families lives.

There is a glaring flaw in the system. If one parent flagrantly refuses to co-parent, cooperate, and will not do whats best for the kids, sometimes the more stable, reasonable parent gets screwed, because the professionals throw up their arms and choose to not do what's right. Yes it happens!!

My comments are based on both personal experiences and involvement with many other parents going through the Family Courts System. It is also based on consulting many attorneys and mediators over a number of years.

I would rather not expound much further on this thread for personal reasons, but if someone feels like they are fighting a uphill battle, I would be glad to try to help.
Rob S.
user 55745162
Madison, WI
Post #: 1
Yasmine,

I have been through this process three years ago. What county are doing this in? What do you still need answers about? I'd be happy to help.

Rob