Single Parents - Divorced Adults Group Message Board › Do you have a sense of humor about your divorce/marriage?

Do you have a sense of humor about your divorce/marriage?

A former member
Post #: 30
I know that our divorces and the dissolution of our marriages are a touchy subject for people, and obviously hold a lot of heavy emotions even when we've dealt with them, but I'm curious if anyone has been able to find the humor in it all. I kind of have a twisted sense of humor, often a bit irreverent and I often find that it helps me outlet a lot of the heavy stuff. It's not just for the sake of surviving the emotions, it's also for enjoying myself more. I'm sure most of us have been that person at some point during this, where people just get tired of us being a pill. And likewise, we all know what it's like dealing with someone like that (we can be sympathetic but it's kind of like scratching a chalkboard to be around them if it goes on and on). So humor for me, especially dark humor, has been a way that helped me turn things around.

Does anyone else use humor to deal with things?