addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Denver 's Best Dating, Mating, and Relating Group Message Board › Next Savvy Singles meeting: What Does That Profile Really Say?

Next Savvy Singles meeting: What Does That Profile Really Say?

Mary Jo Fay, RN, M...
user 3117296
Group Organizer
Denver, CO
Greetings, Savvy Singles Book Clubbers,
As most of you know, Dr. Jenn has left the group in my hands while she moves on to some other projects (including her upcoming marriage!)

So, I?d like to take the group in a slightly different direction and call it the Denver Savvy Singles Dating, Mating, and Relating Group. While the topic will be very similar (dating and relationships, of course) I?d like to look at more specifics of what we do in our dating experiences that works, that doesn?t work, that people might have specific dating example questions about, and more. We may bring in a book from time to time, but since that's been the focus for the last year, I thought I'd see if we might cover some more dating specifics with this approach.

For instance our first meeting I?d like to look at a variety of web profiles to see if we can all ?read between the lines? about what the poster is saying with their profile as well as their pictures. Can you read the Red Flags? Can you read between the lines? Should you bother contacting this person or will it prove to be a bad match for you from the get-go? How can you tell? We may even be able to give you input on your own profile, if you're game to share yours with the group.

Ideally we?ll meet somewhere with Internet capability and I can bring my laptop and LCD projector, so we can study a variety of profiles currently online.

Upcoming meetings will have other topics but this is going to be a true discussion format where we can all learn from each other?s mistakes as well as successes.

Of course, the more folks who come, the better your odds of meeting someone interesting as well ? and just think ? you?ll be meeting them in the flesh and not behind that anonymous computer screen!

I will also be looking for a new location, as part of Dr. Jenn?s dilemma was that the fees paid to MeetUp as well as Scooter Joe?s simply exceeded your meeting fees. Thus, I regrettably need to increase the meeting fee to $10 per person just to cover expenses.

If anyone knows of another possible place to hold the meetings, please let me know. I am penciling in Nov 19 for our next date but will be searching for a possible new place to meet and will keep you advised if the date needs to change based upon location.

I very much look forward to your input on this group and to tons of fun sharing coming up!

Please contact me directly at (note 2 x?s on Boxx) with your ideas and comments. If you?d like to learn more about what I do, please visit my web site at where you will also find a link to my Desperate Daters quiz!

See you all on the 19th? and please bring some friends!(And please bear with me while I take over all of Jenn's details ... she's left me some pretty big shoes to fill! By the way, MeetUP is a bit confused with the transition of titles for the group. So if you can't find the info under the former Book Club title, please search the Denver Savvy Singles Dating, Mating, and Relating Group. Thanks for your patience during the transition!

Mary Jo