Denver 's Best Dating, Mating, and Relating Group Message Board › TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK!

TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK!

Mary Jo Fay, RN, M...
user 3117296
Group Organizer
Denver, CO

• Are you dreading the idea of spending the Holidays alone again (or with the wrong mate) simply because you haven’t found the right mate yet?
    The Holidays suck when you’re alone, don't they? Kissing under the mistletoe and opening presents from some new love is always special, but don’t forget New Year’s Eve too! Dancing and toasting in the New Year is always so much better WITH someone, right?
    Well how about let’s get started early to come up with a plan to make them great instead! How will we do this, you ask? After all, haven’t you been looking all year??? And Thanksgiving is in 3 days and you don't have a date for it yet either!
    Yep - you probably you have been striking out all year but this Meetup will be about 3 things …

1. MEET NEW PEOPLE! Yep - bring out all your pals who are single and drag them along, even if they’re kicking and screaming, so that we get as many new folks together as possible. (Even if he or she might not meet the perfect match at this event, someone there might know someone else they’re perfect for, right?)
    2. WHAT DO YOU WANT? Bring your list of what you’re looking for in a mate to share with the eligible singles you’ll rub elbows with. In other words, if you’re into Harley’s, tell us. A big skier seeking same? Scuba diver? Dog fancier? Seeking dance partner? Still hope to have kids? You know the gig. After all, having things in common is so important but we may never know those things about you otherwise. So this time you’ll get the opportunity to share with your group just what you’re about and what you’re specifically seeking in a mate.
    3. WHERE ARE ALL THE SINGLE PEOPLE HIDING OUT? We’ll share our best ideas as to where and how to meet people! Sure, we all know about Internet dating, but besides that where are great places that you’ve had luck with finding new folks to meet? Bring your best ideas to share so we can all benefit from your insights! Whether it’s volunteering, working out at the gym, dance classes, other specific Meetups, or on the ski slope, everyone’s got ideas they can share for what’s worked and what’s not!
    So quit reinventing the wheel! Come and learn from others just what’s worked great for them! Join us at our next meetup when we brainstorm a wide variety of ideas about how to meet someone new so you’ll be sharing the Holidays with your new best friend.
    The actual meeting starts at 7PM but smart daters start arriving at 6PM to get their libations from the Mercury Cafe, as our way to say thank you to them for allowing us to use their great space.
    Of course coming early also lets you get your grub and drinks early as you start mixing and mingling in your own way with the great folks who attend. Magic has happened here before with early arrivers “connecting” before the meeting has even started. Might you be next? Weddings out of this group continue to grow … why I performed the marriage ceremony for Paul and Ali 2 weeks ago! WAS THAT EVER COOL! (Yes, I'm a wedding officiant now, so if you need someone to perform your ceremony for you after you find the love of your life, give me a call!)
    As always, the Meetup is $10 and you’ll get to sit next to 3 groups of folks. So sign up early and reserve your spot before we end up with a wait list again. Remember, the Holiday season is almost upon us! In fact, by the time we meet, Thanksgiving will already be behind us! So don’t delay! This meetup is only a week away and there's only a few weeks until the December holidays. You want to be alone again? NO? Then I guess I'll see you next TUESDAY!
    Questions? Comments? Get ahold of me.

Mary Jo Fay
    303-841-7691