what we are doing
This workshop series is designed to give participants the skills needed to turn good ideas into action, in order to strengthen and grow the social entrepreneurship community in Wellington. Twelve workshops facilitated by highly experienced entrepreneurs and experts in a variety of fields will provide participants with actionable advice, transferable skills and inspiration to develop their visions for community-focused business. Covering everything from testing and pitching ideas through to legal and marketing, this innovative and interactive series will have something of value for anyone interested in starting a business, whether social or otherwise.
Social entrepreneurship uses entrepreneurial principles to organise, create, and manage a venture in order to achieve a desired social change, solve a social problem or strengthen community.
what you will learn
10 Launchpad Workshops - Propelling you towards making your good enterprise come to life
1. What does it mean? 19th March
2. Sorting Ideas - testing for viability 21st March
3. Building a Framework - business plans with flexibility 26 March
4. Mingle and Pitch - networking and pitching 4th April
5. Get Stuff Done - effective execution 9th April
6. Customer Validation - market research and analysis 11th April - this class
"A million guys walk into a Silicon Valley bar. None of them buy anything. The bar is declared a rousing success". Ensure your product or service will work with market research and analysis.
7. Spreading the Word - market strategy & planning 16th April
8. Lock It Down - legal set up 18th April
9. Make It Rain - attracting funding 23rd April
10. Powerful Presentations - presenting your product 30th April
type of class intro
skill required beginner
your chalkler will be
Details to follow
what to bring
Something to take notes if you wish. Please not there may be preparatory work to complete prior to some workshops.
cost 30 (incl. GST)
$20 (incl. GST) unwaged - email [masked] and confirm your attendance and pay cash at the workshop
275 Package Deal for all 10 workshops
how to book and pay
We expect pre-payment for all classes.
RSVP and pay using this paypal link or
deposit 30 into chalkle's Kiwibank account:
Reference:[masked] - Your name
We require a minimum of 2 people for this class to go ahead.
our cancellation policy
If you RSVP for a class and fail to show up, you will get a "no show". Three no shows means you will be removed from chalkle°. You may request to rejoin after six months.
If you cancel your RSVP:
- less than 3 days before = no refund
- after 7pm the night before = no refund and a "no show" will be recorded
chalkle° connects people interested in teaching and learning from each other face-to-face -- in a fun, social environment!
Choose from many affordable lessons up for grabs (from intros to master classes) in agriculture, art and craft, business, construction, digital media, food, languages, music and performance, science, technology and zombie survival... and many of the lessons are free!