Members are finding meetups a great way to spend time with our canines, let them socialize a bit, enjoy some fresh air and fitness and meet some new people. Who can beat that!
Standard monthly meetup format
Location: A dog-friendly public park with trails,
Activity: Meet for 1/2 an hour near the parking area if possible, walk together for 45 minutes to an hour. People often split into smaller groups as there are lots of us.
- Dogs should be under 25 lbs or thereabouts. Since some families may have a larger dog as well, sibling dogs are welcome so long as they are laid back (the purpose of the group is to socialize our smaller guys and some are easily intimidated by larger dogs).
- Owners are responsible for keeping their dogs in check - if a dog appears to be overwhelming other dogs, organizer may ask for the owner to use a leash, out of respect for timid members.
- For the monthly meets, we will keep a consistent time, format, and stick to public dog-friendly parks. If members would like to set up an adhoc event in between the monthly events (e.g. a smaller meet, a fenced location for off leash playtime etc.), please let us know and we'll show you how the system works and give you organizer status.
- Message boards are the best place for conversation with the group. Email's to the whole group should be sparing - people who want to be more closely involved with conversations have the ability to receive email alerts when messages are posted to the discussion board.
- As we are meeting in public locations, please bring scoop bags, do not leave valuables in your cars and be mindful of local wildlife etc.