Sober Slice Message Board A sober slice of Dublin Discussion Forum › Not showing up to Meetups

Not showing up to Meetups

Closed to new replies

user 24513112
Dublin, IE
(Email to all members)

Hi folks

Just a quick reminder that if you are not going to go to a meetup that you said you were going to, can you please then update your RSVP to No.

Almost every meetup I've been to has had people that said they were going just not turning up and not saying anything.

Where there is a waiting list for a meetup it's even more important to update your RSVP to No if you can't go so that you don't prevent others from going.

Today we went to The Little Musuem of Dublin.

I limited the number of RSVPs to 16 due to the small size of the musuem.

16 people RSVP'd Yes to go to this.

2 people were on the Waiting List.

Only 8 people turned up today.

We had a great time, the tour was really interesting, the cake and chat afterwards for 2 hours in Dandelion was really good too but 2 people on the Waiting List could have gone too if the 8 people that just didn't show up had updated their RSVPs to No in advance of today.

Same applies to all other Meetups.

Some Meetups will need a limit on the number attending due to the nature of the meetup (a dinner, a trip to the zoo, coffee in Bewleys etc). If people don't turn up and others then couldn't attend due to the limited spaces available then that's not fair on those that wanted to go. Those of us that do go are left with a much smaller group than we expected.

The amount of people dropping out on the day and people just not showing up makes booking anything in advance nearly impossible at the moment.

Also if we know exactly who's going to a meetup and the numbers are low then we can reschedule for a different date instead of going with a very small group.

Anyway point made I think.

See you all soon!