SoCal Movie Fanatics Pages
n. A person marked or motivated by an extreme, unreasoning enthusiasm, as for a cause.
SO YOU THINK YOU'RE A MOVIE FANATIC!Do your eyes sparkle whenever you hear the phrase Coming Soon To A Theatre Near You?
Do your friends think you're crazy for demanding to see the new flicks on OPENING WEEKEND?
Do you get to the theater super early to get the best seats in the house
Do you get upset when that slow moving popcorn line makes you miss the trailers?
Do you regularly sit through the end-credits and can you tell folks just what the heck a Key Grip is?
Do you get into intense debates about the symbolism of Fight Club, the ending of No Country For Old Men or whether or not Johnny Depp should play The Riddler in the next Batman movie?
Do you scream at the TV in jubilation or disgust when the Oscar nominees & winners are announced?
Did you answer YES to any or ALL of those questions? Yep. You're definitely a MOVIE FANATIC - just like US!
Since 2006, SoCal Movie Fanatics is Meetup's prime destination for big screen excitement in the Los Angeles area! Every week we gather movie lovers across SoCal to the biggest & best theatres in town to see the latest and greatest films from Hollywood. If blockbusters are your thing, join us as we hit the biggest theatres with the biggest screens & biggest sound, in town! If the indie, arthouse & foreign film scene is your thing, we've got a cluster of Fanatics who are dedicated to catching the finest & most eclectic films from those genres!
No matter what your cinematic preferences are, we promise you an awesome time at the movies! You'll see some great flicks (and a few stinkers too!). You'll eat some good food (we always go out to eat before/after the movie). You'll make some great new friends! You'll definitely have a good time with your movie-loving kindred spirits!
We are not a free movie screening club. All members are responsible for purchasing their own movie tickets to our events.
Also, if you prefer to watch movies at home on Netflix/Amazon, this is not the group for you. No disrespect, but we believe that movies were meant to be experienced ON THE BIG SCREEN!
Follow these easy steps to attending our events:
- JOIN THIS GROUP!
- Find the movie event that you wish to attend & RSVP 'Yes" for it.
- Read the event throughly for Meeting time/Showtime/Ticket information as well as the Event Host's contact info. NOTE: All members are responsible for buying their own movie tickets unless otherwise stated on the event info page.
- SHOW UP! Look for the the lovely lady/gentleman holding the sign with the SCMF logo at the theatre.
- Join us after the movie for post-movie chat - usually involving some sort of dinner/dessert/coffee. Many times we grub BEFORE the movie as well.
- If you like us, COME BACK to our next event...and BRING YOUR FRIENDS !
NOTE: MEMBERS WHO HAVE BEEN INACTIVE FOR 6 MONTHS OR MORE ARE SUBJECT TO REMOVAL FROM THE GROUP.